does this mare have good breeding? what can ya tell me?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

does this mare have good breeding? what can ya tell me?

This is a discussion on does this mare have good breeding? what can ya tell me? within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Good breeding horses
  • How can you tell if a horse has good breeding

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-07-2011, 11:59 PM
  #1
Banned
does this mare have good breeding? what can ya tell me?

Hi I have a beautiful four year old palomino. Her name is skips vanilla accent. She is very very well broke as calm and as sweet as can be. But there is something weird with herfront right shoulder were not sure what it is we think she just cross her right over her left or had walking difficulties and may have stubbled. But she's a good girl.
Here is the link to her pedigree.

All Breed Pedigree Query=

Tell me everything you know about her pedigree and whos good in her bloodlines and tell me what she's bred for..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horse%20artwork%20070.jpg (6.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg jkkk.jpg (6.8 KB, 117 views)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-08-2011, 12:26 AM
  #2
Banned
I really don't see any names I recognize in her pedigree, but she's halter bred out the wazoo.
     
    07-08-2011, 12:36 AM
  #3
Banned
Isnt skip o wrangler decent and classical skipper. What is halter bred? What is that for and well ill never sell her but what do those horses go for?
     
    07-08-2011, 12:37 AM
  #4
Showing
Nothing I recognize as being a "big" name until 5 generations back. Based on what photos are available, she looks to have halter breeding - and not good halter breeding... posty hocks and diaper butts from unknown names.
     
    07-08-2011, 12:40 AM
  #5
Banned
Pics arent even that great to see. I don't know alot about halter breds but I know she stands great to a trailer walks behhind or at my side never has tried to walk in front of me or ahead of me. She's really calm and gentle to ride. She's just a sweetheart
     
    07-08-2011, 12:42 AM
  #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydeebug    
isnt skip o wrangler decent and classical skipper. What is halter bred? What is that for and well ill never sell her but what do those horses go for?
Classical Skipper is okay at best, and about the only one on there that is.

Halter horses are bred for halter classes where horses are judged by thier conformation.

Her price is going to depend on how well she does in the show ring and how good her conformation actually is.
     
    07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
  #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydeebug    
pics arent even that great to see. I don't know alot about halter breds but I know she stands great to a trailer walks behhind or at my side never has tried to walk in front of me or ahead of me. She's really calm and gentle to ride. She's just a sweetheart
And halter has nothing really to do with manners or training per se.
     
    07-08-2011, 12:46 AM
  #8
Showing
Classical Skipper has some funky rear end conformation....
It's impossible to tell anything about the mare from those tiny photos taken at a weird angle. Based on her pedigree alone... I don't see anything special at all.
     
    07-08-2011, 12:50 AM
  #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
Classical Skipper has some funky rear end conformation....
Now that you mention it, his butt does look funky
classicalskipper.jpg
     
    07-08-2011, 12:54 AM
  #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by A knack for horses    
Classical Skipper is okay at best, and about the only one on there that is.

Halter horses are bred for halter classes where horses are judged by thier conformation.

Her price is going to depend on how well she does in the show ring and how good her conformation actually is.

Ok thank you a ton. So is halter horses a big thing or what. Youd thing being in two different kinda of horse industries I should know more. Cause I do western with like barrels and poles and team penning and then I race horses but now I got a halter bred mare. Hmmmm. Got some horses on my hands haha
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soild paint breeding stock mare or Qh mare Parker Horse Ranch Horse Breeds 10 03-05-2012 11:41 PM
not breeding soon but ? what do good stud fees DixieLu Horse Breeding 12 11-04-2010 09:12 PM
Good Breeding? BluMagic Horse Breeds 17 03-13-2008 10:23 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0