GAME: do you know your horses pedigree?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

GAME: do you know your horses pedigree?

This is a discussion on GAME: do you know your horses pedigree? within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • How to tell your horse is a quarter horse
  • Next dance bloodlines the horse

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
  #1
Banned
GAME: do you know your horses pedigree?

This is kind of like a game. Each person has to have a horse name that ties in to the person before you. It doesnt matter how many times you go. You just have to have your horses pedigree tied in... so it could be any horse on your pedigree. I got mine right next me :) you also have to include there breed. Example... we will start with my horse.... QUEEN DANCER who has a horses name in there pedigree with dancer or queen?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-16-2010, 03:05 PM
  #2
Showing
Can I play if I don't still own the horse?
We used to have T Bills Demo who is related to
Native Dancer
     
    08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
  #3
Banned
Haha cool. So just say native dancer. Which my horse is related to that horse on both the dam and sires side
     
    08-17-2010, 10:14 AM
  #4
Weanling
OK I'll play.
One of my Thoroughbred mares Three Bridges has the word "Dancer" in her pedigree several times-- Sovereign Dancer to Northern Dancer to Natalma to Native Dancer on the bottom.
Three Bridges Horse Pedigree

Another, Wild About Jackie, has Northern Dancer top and bottom.
Wild About Jackie Horse Pedigree

Chrissy's Legacy has Norther Dancer pretty close on the bottom--
http://www.pedigreequery.com/chrissys+legacy



OK, now who has horses with Roberto (for Three Bridges), Shecky Greene, (for Wild About Jackie) or Riva Ridge (for Chrissy's legacy) in their pedigree?
     
    08-17-2010, 10:24 AM
  #5
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydeebug    
this is kind of like a game. Each person has to have a horse name that ties in to the person before you. It doesnt matter how many times you go. You just have to have your horses pedigree tied in... so it could be any horse on your pedigree. I got mine right next me :) you also have to include there breed. Example... we will start with my horse.... QUEEN DANCER who has a horses name in there pedigree with dancer or queen?
If you are going to give a horses name then you need to give their pedigree to so everyone knows what the pedigree is. You can have a horse with Queen in their name and no other relationship in their pedigrees. They can be totally unrelated. Ex. I have a mare by the name of Poco Queen May and I am going to bet that the horse you gave and this mare are not at all related.
     
    08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
  #6
Weanling
My stallion has a mare named Cameo Queen in his pedigree, who is out of a mare named Three Queens-- And NRHAReiner, I am pretty sure they are no relation to the Queen or much of anything else in your horse's pedigree....


Heres his pedigree,

Rowdy And Ready Appaloosa



Here is Cameo Queen............. and Three Queens
     
    08-17-2010, 09:41 PM
  #7
Banned
Eastowest our horses are like cousins
     
    08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
  #8
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastowest    
My stallion has a mare named Cameo Queen in his pedigree, who is out of a mare named Three Queens-- And NRHAReiner, I am pretty sure they are no relation to the Queen or much of anything else in your horse's pedigree....

That is my point. If all we are doing is saying that the names are the same and not actually related there is a difference.


Poco Queen May Quarter Horse
     
    08-19-2010, 02:31 PM
  #9
Foal
Okay Eastowest, my colt, "Darling Roberto aka Pistol" is out of my mare Soy La Uno out of UnoRoberto who is out of Roberto. Pistol is a yealing in this pic.

Next horse for the game. My quarterhorse mare, Dandy's Lil Jewel, out of Tee J Dandy Jack, out of Jackie Bee. Any horses out there with these names?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pistol715b.jpg (47.7 KB, 140 views)
     
    08-20-2010, 01:50 AM
  #10
Weanling
>>>> Next horse for the game. My quarterhorse mare, Dandy's Lil Jewel, out of Tee J Dandy Jack, out of Jackie Bee. Any horses out there with these names?

Other than my previously posted TB mare Wild About Jackie, sired by Jack Livingston, who is absolutely NO relation to Jackie Bee? LOLOLOL

     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horse pedigree lookalike game grayshell38 Horse Breeds 14 04-25-2010 02:13 PM
Game about Horses, Give it a Try ;) Adela1975 Horse Talk 4 08-04-2009 04:22 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0