Guess This Horse's Breed? + new pics! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

Guess This Horse's Breed? + new pics!

This is a discussion on Guess This Horse's Breed? + new pics! within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree55Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-30-2012, 10:30 PM
      #11
    Foal
    To me has a QH build and looks dainty/fine in the face and head like an arab. The ears almost have that arab look just a little too. Hard to tell. Though I have seen Appendix QHs that look very similar to her. Several of our white arabs when I was younger had flea-bitten coloration which makes me think possibly some arab in there. It is so hard to tell from pictures and sometimes you can't tell when they are standing a two feet away from you. She looks like a very sweet horse. :)

    Also her height, arabs are typically on the smaller side. Most appendix QH's I have seen are pretty leggy.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-31-2012, 04:37 PM
      #12
    Started
    Yea... I agree with what people have said.. But I now also suspect it's maybe more like QH/Tb/Arab or something, because she kind of resembles a thoroughbred I once knew. Also one thing people didn't take note of was her height. Is she something like 14.3-15.1?
         
        10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
      #13
    Trained
    I see QH in the forearm, the hip and the croup. I see Arab in her bc she is lighter boned than a QH that size. I see no TB in her at all. If she was a QH/TB cross she would be leggier. BTW, is she is 1/2 Arab the lighter bone doesn't mean she can't carry weight.
    Whatever, she IS a keeper. =D
         
        10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
      #14
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowgirl4753    
    I'm seeing quarter horse. I like her, nice hip, decent shoulder and angle, good bone. Do you know what bred she is or just wondering what everyone thought? I was confused lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks! And no, I don't know for sure. I'm wanting some educated guesses.

    I was told by a rescue that she was a QH/Appaloosa cross.
    I was like... no. Just no.
    Most horses that I've worked with have been TWH, QH, TB, Appaloosa, Paint and some pony breeds.
    I know that she isn't a full stock horse. She just looks too fine in some places to be a bulky stock horse. She has a big body, which seems QH (or some other stock breed), but then a narrow body, neck, and face.

    All the stock horses I know are ROUND barreled.
         
        10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    Yea... I agree with what people have said.. But I now also suspect it's maybe more like QH/Tb/Arab or something, because she kind of resembles a thoroughbred I once knew. Also one thing people didn't take note of was her height. Is she something like 14.3-15.1?
    She is either 14.3 or 15 hands.

    I keep thinking TB when I look at her withers. Her withers reminds me of a TB I knew before. Buuut, her legs aren't long enough to be a TB. /facepalm

    What about her reminds you of a TB?
         
        10-31-2012, 05:47 PM
      #16
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corporal    
    I see QH in the forearm, the hip and the croup. I see Arab in her bc she is lighter boned than a QH that size. I see no TB in her at all. If she was a QH/TB cross she would be leggier. BTW, is she is 1/2 Arab the lighter bone doesn't mean she can't carry weight.
    Whatever, she IS a keeper. =D
    I agree about her being more leggy if she had TB in her. If she does have TB influence, it didn't go to her legs!

    Oh, she IS definitely a keeper. C:
    She has truly been every I could ask.
    I got her unbroke (I was told she was green...), so I thought "OH CRAP. How am I going to do this alone?" But she turned out to be the quickest learner. She still has an attitude when it comes to not wanting to listen or slow down, but that'll take time.


    If this helps anyone else:
    She seems to be an all-around horse.
    Her movement is quick, floaty, and animated. (Definitely not lazy!)
    I'd say she'd be best at english pleasure compared to western pleasure since she likes to go fast.

    She has the speed and quick turning for gymkhana, the scope and ping for jumping, and the curiosity and courage for cross country/trails.

    She isn't always the most tolerant horse when it comes to leg pressure, but she is forgiving of a bad seat and hands. I had my mom get on her (note: she only rode a few horses in her life, and that was when she was young) and she was so tolerant! When I get on her sometimes... not so much.
    She knows who she has to be careful around (kids, older and disabled people, etc.) and she knows who she gets to test/mess around with (me!).
         
        10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
      #17
    Trained
    Quarab, definitely. And a nice one, too
         
        10-31-2012, 05:56 PM
      #18
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman    
    Quarab, definitely. And a nice one, too
    Thank you! Do you know why you say Quarab?
         
        10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
      #19
    Trained
    She has very prominent features of both breeds, stockier built, but too refined to be a pure QH, ears and eyes are Arab, then as you describe her, tail curled=Arab. Floating movement = Arab. Tail set lower, rounded butt= QH.
    Also the going fast I've seen a lot in quarabs and the knowing who's on board and giving a hard time to the knowledgeable rider
    To be 1000% sure I would need to see her move, tho
         
        10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman    
    She has very prominent features of both breeds, stockier built, but too refined to be a pure QH, ears and eyes are Arab, then as you describe her, tail curled=Arab. Floating movement = Arab. Tail set lower, rounded butt= QH.
    Also the going fast I've seen a lot in quarabs and the knowing who's on board and giving a hard time to the knowledgeable rider
    To be 1000% sure I would need to see her move, tho
    I will be uploading a video on youtube. It says it'll take 25 minutes... ugh.
         

    Tags
    arabian, breed, fleabitten, grey, guess

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    My horse.. guess what breed(s) Flashboy2011 Horse Pictures 4 05-01-2012 11:49 AM
    Can you guess what breed my horse is? JamieLeighx Horse Breeds 0 05-02-2011 09:16 AM
    Our new horse..can you guess the breed? cher40 Horse Breeds 36 02-26-2011 09:40 AM
    My Horse - Guess the Breed SarahLzbthz Horse Breeds 26 07-23-2010 12:41 PM
    Guess the Breed (Guess Correctly then it's your turn) Phantomstallion Horse Breeds 33 04-10-2010 12:05 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0