Every mustang is different. Here's my current 'stang. I've owned 8 over my lifetime and each one was vastly different, but the traits I love about them are why I keep coming back to them.
1. Strong survival skills. I live in a predator rich area.
2. Easy keeping. Yes, my mustangs dine on good feed, but they love burdocks, thistles, and other pasture weeds. They keep the pasture clean so the pansy QH's will eat the grass.
3. Genetically healthy. They are darned healthy.
4. Hooves. USUALLY are very tight, hard, flinty hooves that crush rocks.
5. Surefootedness- I ride on rough trail- I don't want my horse to slip.
6. The "Bond". Yes, I do believe that when you take an animal from the wild and tame it, it forms a bond with you. Nothing is more evident than with a mustang.
Spent a whole hour today laying in a pasture, waiting for a sparkling vampire to show up. Alas, I woke up and looked over, only to find a mound of horse crap. Sigh.
Last edited by draftrider; 10-05-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Reason: edited to add pic