From my understanding......
A pony is of course 14.2 hh and smaller, unless of course it is breed as a horse (such as an arabian, can be a horse but be 13.3hh.) The smaller the more of a pain they are and More intelligent. When I trained my pony Microburst (myke, for short) he would push me against fences, trees and what not just to wipe me off. He would also buck, but would wait until he had shifted your wait forward to throw his hardest that he had in him. That just shows minor things with his intellegently.
A horse is 14.2 hh and taller. The bigger they are, The better the horse is (in some cases) and horses are actually made out to be the best kids horses.
I personally prefer ponys because...
1. You are closer to the ground.
2. Out of the horses I ride they are more difficult in a different way...
3. There different to ride from horses so you learn more.
4. There excellent in many things not just in being brats, lol, no like mike is excellent in jumping and dressage, he can also do western pleasure.
5. He has a cute Small head like a teddy bear!
1. All the above except for 1 and 5.
(your not as close to the ground, and horses have big cute heads like teddy bears) lol!!!!
Wow, I feel that I know nothing about horses, I better get back on them...Lol!