I was told he's a purebred Arab, but I'm not so sure. - Page 7
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

I was told he's a purebred Arab, but I'm not so sure.

This is a discussion on I was told he's a purebred Arab, but I'm not so sure. within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree100Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
      #61
    Foal
    I also have an Egyptian:) He looks purebred to me, but without papers, it's impossible to tell for sure. Ask the person you bought him from if he can be registered. If they breed Arabs, his parents should be registered, and if he can be, there's your answer.
    JustImagine likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
      #62
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    Just imagine that horse is an Arabian. I would almost bet the farm on it. And my family has owned this place almost 160 years. So I am pretty certain.
    When arabians are bred just to have an "exotic" typey head they tend to lose the versatility they are famous for.
    I have an arabian mare here that is pure and looks like one of the foundation morgans. She has a very straight profile.
    Just have fun and enjoy him. Shalom
    Thank you! =] I am very much enjoying him.
         
        12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
      #63
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    Just imagine that horse is an Arabian. I would almost bet the farm on it. And my family has owned this place almost 160 years. So I am pretty certain.
    When arabians are bred just to have an "exotic" typey head they tend to lose the versatility they are famous for.
    I have an arabian mare here that is pure and looks like one of the foundation morgans. She has a very straight profile.
    Just have fun and enjoy him. Shalom
    Agreed db. Seems people have forgotten what the ancestral Arabians really looked like..AND what they can do in their unaltered form.
         
        12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
      #64
    Trained
    Thanks Druydess.. What horse is in your avatar? Looks very nice from what I can see. Shalom
    Celeste likes this.
         
        12-07-2012, 08:39 AM
      #65
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    thanks Druydess.. What horse is in your avatar? Looks very nice from what I can see. Shalom
    That is the question. I have been wanting to know for days. Come on Dru.......
         
        12-07-2012, 09:47 AM
      #66
    Trained
    Celeste she is afraid we might come and "assume" ownership of said equine therefore her silence.
    We will prevail though. Shalom
    Celeste likes this.
         
        12-07-2012, 10:20 PM
      #67
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    thanks Druydess.. What horse is in your avatar? Looks very nice from what I can see. Shalom
    Sorry-- just saw this..

    Thank so much db! Yes-- one I never thought I'd ever be able to own..

    The avatar is my upcoming announcement...

    Double El Shaklan, Om El, Simeon Shai, Sanadik El Shaklan, Bey Shah, Nariadni, Maestro, Desperado..

    Stay tuned..
         
        12-07-2012, 10:30 PM
      #68
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celeste    
    That is the question. I have been wanting to know for days. Come on Dru.......

    Ok-- ok-- hang on.. I'll make a very un-official announcement..

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarabians    
    Celeste she is afraid we might come and "assume" ownership of said equine therefore her silence.
    We will prevail though. Shalom
    You're too funny db..

    It's not so much the ownership as the tying in of several events-- but I'll give you a good portion of it..

    Let me go find a few pics.. check my thread-- don't want to highjack someone else's..
         
        12-08-2012, 01:27 PM
      #69
    Trained
    Lovely Arab love his color
    JustImagine likes this.
         
        12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
      #70
    Green Broke
    I say Arab too. And you both are so cute together!
    JustImagine likes this.
         

    Tags
    arabian, breed, gelding, pony

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Purebred or mix? ArabianGrace Horse Breeds 19 09-27-2011 02:07 PM
    Is she purebred TB? Sarahandlola Horse Breeds 28 02-10-2011 08:52 PM
    Purebred Percheron and Cremello. AUSTRALIA. AztecBaby Horses for Sale 2 12-13-2010 02:53 AM
    Rabbits for sale in Michigan! All purebred/pedigreed! Curly_Horse_CMT Farm Animals 0 12-03-2009 09:41 PM
    Need opinions - purebred, or no? breezie Horse Breeding 11 10-02-2007 09:50 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0