If you have a mutt for a horse... - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New River, Az
Posts: 2,472
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorseys View Post
I have a half arab half/ half indian paint, but my understanding is that's very similar to calling her a half arab/half QH? Is there a distinct difference between a paint and a QH aside from the coloring? I registered her with the AHA as a half Arab, and was going to double register her with the APHA but I don't really see the point other than for breeding or selling appeal - I plan on doing neither. I love the cross, because you can totally tell when she is being an arab, or when she is being a paint, lol.
Paints and QH are a seperate breed, but at the same time they are kinda the same ;) Both allow registration to horses who have one APHA/AQHA horse (APHA for Paint, AQHA for QH) and the other parent a registered APHA (Paint only, not AQHA for this), AQHA (both, or TB (both). If you had a foal by APHA x APHA parents, you could register it as APHA. If foal by APHA x AQHA, you could reg as APHA. If APHA x TB, APHA. If AQHA x TB, AQHA.
Your horse cannot be registered with APHA because Arabs aren't allowed.

Someone correct me if I"m wrong, as I dont' have stock breeds ;)
CheyAut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingTheMoon View Post
But he's got a COP for KWPN because Rolls Royce was a KWPN approved stallion. So people call him a Dutch Warmblood, but he's not really LOL he's a Westphalien/QH cross. Clear as mud?

.

I hope you realize that COP papers are not registration papers. They just show his breeding lines. In warmblood circles he is a unregistered grade.

Now he could be registered but you will need to actually do something with a registry that will accept those COP papers and give him full and complete registration.
Spyder is offline  
post #33 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: N. Indiana
Posts: 892
• Horses: 3
Yes, completely well aware that they are not registration papers. Thanks though! Cause sometimes that can be confusing!!
JumpingTheMoon is offline  
post #34 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 29
• Horses: 0
Just make up a fancy name. Look at what the fancy name did for the Labradoodle! Lots more $$ for one of them that a OOPS fence jumper Lab got in with your Registered Poodle:)
peg4x4 is offline  
post #35 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingTheMoon View Post
Yes, completely well aware that they are not registration papers. Thanks though! Cause sometimes that can be confusing!!

You COULD turn them into full registration papers though. May not be with the registry of birth but at least papers that will allow you to have a registered animal.

That would be the --AWS--AWR and RPSI
Spyder is offline  
post #36 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas!
Posts: 569
• Horses: 3
Oh heck...my gelding is a mystery horse...Looking at him you can clearly see some TB and QH but who knows what else he may have in him...for simplicity sake I just say he is an appendix when people ask...he has far to many TB traits to not have any TB in him...and in my area QH's are most common so I figure Appendix QH is the best bet.

My arabian mare has papers...im not sure if she is registered or not....point is that if she isnt she could be...

So there we go 1 grade 1 purebred....also my fav term for highly mixed up horses....like my friends lol she has a paint/appy/QH/arab/and lord knows what else mix...is a heinz 57...lol local terms are the best...


Horses Will Listen...Even When No One Else Could Possibly Understand...
Pidge is offline  
post #37 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: N. Indiana
Posts: 892
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
You COULD turn them into full registration papers though. May not be with the registry of birth but at least papers that will allow you to have a registered animal.

That would be the --AWS--AWR and RPSI
I know what the AWS is, but the AWR? Is that similar?
What about the PHR? It's not really a registry I guess, but it is a USEF offshoot so.. who knows.

I was told (and I'm probably wrong) that he can still earn points at breed specific shows until higher levels with the COP though will be excluded from certain classes, etc. Is that true?

Makes no difference really, I can't imagine how many breed shows I'll ever go to.
JumpingTheMoon is offline  
post #38 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingTheMoon View Post
I know what the AWS is, but the AWR? Is that similar?
What about the PHR? It's not really a registry I guess, but it is a USEF offshoot so.. who knows.

I was told (and I'm probably wrong) that he can still earn points at breed specific shows until higher levels with the COP though will be excluded from certain classes, etc. Is that true?

Makes no difference really, I can't imagine how many breed shows I'll ever go to.
There are various classes that require registration in some reqistry to compete.

Like --
Young horse competitions

The above is not a breed show but more representing of the registry.

But most importantly any points won in recognized classes are awarded to the registry and horese and rider that rank the horse/registry/rider world wide. COP papers just will not cut it.

The AWR is simular but with different goals ...looking more towards breeding....AWS looks more toward performance.

The RHSI is considered the higher more reputable of the three I mentioned.

PHR is an option but is not recognized by the WBFSH. (the ranking body for all registered horses) at least I am pretty sure it isn't.

The three I mentioned are full members of the WBFSH.
Spyder is offline  
post #39 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sundre, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,285
• Horses: 0
I have a Clyde/QH cross mae and just call her a Clyde cross since she looks most like a Clyde.
FGRanch is offline  
post #40 of 48 Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sundre, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,285
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyAut View Post
Paints and QH are a seperate breed, but at the same time they are kinda the same ;) Both allow registration to horses who have one APHA/AQHA horse (APHA for Paint, AQHA for QH) and the other parent a registered APHA (Paint only, not AQHA for this), AQHA (both, or TB (both). If you had a foal by APHA x APHA parents, you could register it as APHA. If foal by APHA x AQHA, you could reg as APHA. If APHA x TB, APHA. If AQHA x TB, AQHA.
Your horse cannot be registered with APHA because Arabs aren't allowed.

Someone correct me if I"m wrong, as I dont' have stock breeds ;)

You are absolutly right!
FGRanch is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome