Khemosabi bred Arabians - Page 3 - The Horse Forum

 35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,218
• Horses: 5
They can only get ya if you let them! Lol.

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsitVita View Post
Well Ladies thank you for your kind advice, I feel like I just got my hind end chewed out by a member on another thread about a similar posting I made...
For what it's worth, I didn't do anything of the sort to your hind end. I simply put forth an opinion, and politely too. If you don't like my opinion, that is your choice, but to suggest that I was out of line in the delivery of said opinion, that is a bit over the top. As for the bit where I said that maybe you should read up more on what inbreeding is, and what the pros and cons are, that is something that EVERY breeder should know about. Inbreeding doesn't cause personality issues, or mutations. It has negatives, yes, but it also has positives. However, in this mare's case, it's moot, as she is not inbred, and the horse in question, Raffles, suffered no ill-effects from his pedigree, as did none of his offspring.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have on the subject of inbreeding, as many here seem to only see it as "incest" and "wrong", when there are benefits to it.

PS - linebreeding and inbreeding are different, and it has nothing to do with the offspring's suitability for their intended purpose.

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #23 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,218
• Horses: 5
Chiilaa .. you can't control the way she feels. If she FELT like she got her butt chewed .. then it's about how she FELT.

It's hard to tell the difference between "direct" and "butt chewing" sometimes ..

*cheers*

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
post #24 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
Chiilaa .. you can't control the way she feels. If she FELT like she got her butt chewed .. then it's about how she FELT.
*rolls eyes*

That is a ridiculous excuse. Remember when you were a kid and your brother or sister tried to look out "your" window in the car? Sure, you "felt" like they were doing it to annoy you. It didn't make it any less childish that you felt that way.

PS - you "liked" the post, so clearly you didn't think I was out of line...

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #25 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 346
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
For what it's worth, I didn't do anything of the sort to your hind end. I simply put forth an opinion, and politely too. If you don't like my opinion, that is your choice, but to suggest that I was out of line in the delivery of said opinion, that is a bit over the top. As for the bit where I said that maybe you should read up more on what inbreeding is, and what the pros and cons are, that is something that EVERY breeder should know about. Inbreeding doesn't cause personality issues, or mutations. It has negatives, yes, but it also has positives. However, in this mare's case, it's moot, as she is not inbred, and the horse in question, Raffles, suffered no ill-effects from his pedigree, as did none of his offspring.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have on the subject of inbreeding, as many here seem to only see it as "incest" and "wrong", when there are benefits to it.

PS - linebreeding and inbreeding are different, and it has nothing to do with the offspring's suitability for their intended purpose.
Thank you, I'm learning more as I go. It's been years since I was around horses, I'm a bit rusty. I'm also in a totally different aspect of horse worlds as well. I was just a horse crazy girl who barrel raced an old dobbin of questionable breeding in local county horse shows. Now, I'm a business owner trying to make my childhood dream a reality. Thanks for your information, I really will do my research on it.
Chiilaa likes this.
AbsitVita is offline  
post #26 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,218
• Horses: 5
My point was that she didn't accuse you .. she only said it felt that way. Her feeling like she got a butt chewing is no different than you feeling like you got accused.

I'm sure neither happened, but didn't stop ya'll from feeling that way, huh?

*cheers*

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
post #27 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 5,685
• Horses: 0
I'll help ya if you tell me where
Had my share of heated discussions on a certain forum with a certain person and her followers....
Posted via Mobile Device
deserthorsewoman is offline  
post #28 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 346
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
My point was that she didn't accuse you .. she only said it felt that way. Her feeling like she got a butt chewing is no different than you feeling like you got accused.

I'm sure neither happened, but didn't stop ya'll from feeling that way, huh?

*cheers*
Yea....*why can't we be friends...?* Just kiddin I won't sing War songs anymore!!
texasgal likes this.
AbsitVita is offline  
post #29 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 5,685
• Horses: 0
Ooooohhh, I didn't mean you Chilaa.....tho I said that "other forum", didn't I * thinking hard*....
Posted via Mobile Device
deserthorsewoman is offline  
post #30 of 70 Old 08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,218
• Horses: 5
It's hard to read emotion into posts. It's easy to mistake direct for rude.

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beautiful Arabian Stallion Padron Psyche/Khemosabi Bred, Wausau, WI--700-obo blueberryhill Horses for Sale 2 04-26-2012 08:57 PM
Introducing my Herd of Arabians and Half Arabians :) Spirit Thyme Horse Pictures 51 09-25-2010 11:52 PM
Khemosabi++++// Eliz Famous Horses 3 08-12-2010 11:19 PM
Arabians & Half-Arabians FreedomRider Horse Breeds 71 01-11-2009 03:52 PM
arabians Tammy Horse Breeds 10 08-29-2007 05:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome