Khemosabi bred Arabians - Page 7
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

Khemosabi bred Arabians

This is a discussion on Khemosabi bred Arabians within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Was khemosabi a spanish arab
  • *padron horse

Like Tree35Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
  #61
Trained
That's exactly my point! The purists of said caliber are the ones making themselves out to be better. And make people who have not straight this or that feel like "not worthy" and not part of the "clique". So the mutual bashing begins.......so lots of people get turned off.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-31-2012, 06:07 PM
  #62
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman    
.......so lots of people get turned off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup!!!!
     
    08-31-2012, 07:58 PM
  #63
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by othbsits    
Yup!!!!
I wasn't bashing any one or anything. I expressed my opinion about the French Arabs and you're totally entitled to disagree. Saying that I should accept them as pure because WAHO says so is like telling me to drink the KoolAid at Jonestown because Jim said so......YEAH>>>>>NO, I think not.

If you ask Bazy Tankersly what her favorite type of Arabian is, it will be way different from mine. Sheila Varian's choice will be different too and that is FINE. The red stallion I posted the pic of, he was still intact at the time, is my absolute IDEAL Arabian horse. He has the size, the looks, the temperament, the athleticism and he passed it on to his foals. I couldn't have asked for better but, in the market, it made sense to geld him.

Unfortunately, in the Arabian breed, unless you have your horse in a BNT barn, you are pretty much breeding culls as far as the rest of the world is concerned. Unless you're content with breeding $1500 horses and that is not my cup of tea.

So, if you want me to walk around smiling like a Stepford wife and saying everything is beautiful....sorry, not going to do it. There are serious and important issues that need to be addressed in this breed, that are not being addressed, and those reasons are a HUGE part of why the numbers are dwindling.
     
    08-31-2012, 08:01 PM
  #64
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    


Svs Il Divo Arabian

I just gelded this guy, he produced some lovely babies, but I decided if I wasn't going to use him, might as well cut him. He's gorgeous and correct and moves like a dancer. He's also one of the easiest stallions I've ever handled. A total DREAM to ride.
That doesnt look like a Bey, bloodline. I see a couple in his lines way back. Padron was a big bodied Poilsh wasnt he ? Honestly I am still working with my new Walker. She flat out flies for me and very flat efficient gait. But one of these days I'm going to have to learn to trot. If I wasnt horse poor at the moment Id be talking to you about that gelding, 15.2 looks like a nice solid horse.
     
    08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
  #65
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d    
That doesnt look like a Bey, bloodline. I see a couple in his lines way back. Padron was a big bodied Poilsh wasnt he ? Honestly I am still working with my new Walker. She flat out flies for me and very flat efficient gait. But one of these days I'm going to have to learn to trot. If I wasnt horse poor at the moment Id be talking to you about that gelding, 15.2 looks like a nice solid horse.

Joe, thank you so much for your kind comments about Cloney. No, he doesn't look like there's any Bey in him at all really, he took after the *Padron side and that's how he got his nickname, Cloney Padroney. If you look straight on, his blaze is as crooked as *Padron's and getting more so as he dries out.

His dam Patrice C is a very substantial mare, as are his grand dam Kouleysza and his great grand dam Fetyszka. Fetyzska wasn't but about 14.1 or 2 but when that mare puffed up and put on a show, you'd have sworn she was 16 hands until she stood still, LOL! Kou, his grand dam is quite tall, I think she got that from Timmy, Kouvay Bey.

Cloney is one of 3 horses on this property that will die here. Or he could be given to a cherished friend or family member, if I could not care for him, but he'll never be sold by me. I WORSHIP the ground that boy walks on. And to ride him! OMG that is the smoothest horses, including a couple of gaited horses, that I have ever ridden. When he jogs, it's like your sitting on a cloud it's so smooth. His canter just ROLLLLLLLS he gets so rounded....He's absolutely a dream.


*Padron


Cloney

He's also got *Padron's ears, tiny, curvey, tippy and set so close sometimes you think they come out of the same hole. And he's a lap dog. A total, in your tent, pet me, love me, fuss over me, lap dog and not a mean bone in his whole body.
texasgal, Fahntasia and doubleopi like this.
     
    08-31-2012, 09:52 PM
  #66
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    

The only Arabians I seriously have doubts about are the French and I wouldn't breed to a French Arab for all the tea in China. The French have been laughing at us for years and selling us those "pure" Arabs.......mmmmmmmm!

So, I kinda treat those purists like us Catholics treat the Baptists here in OK.

As a Catholic man was touring Heaven, he asked St. Peter what the walled off area was? St. Peter told him to be VERY quiet as they passed that area. He said, "Those are the Baptists, they think they're the only ones up here.". I stay as far from the rabid purists as I can, they think they are the only ones who can breed a good horse.
and then you posted - I wasn't bashing any one or anything. I think the "rabid" purists, the French AND the Baptists would probably disagree! I expressed my opinion about the French Arabs and you're totally entitled to disagree. Saying that I should accept them as pure because WAHO says so is like telling me to drink the KoolAid at Jonestown because Jim said so......YEAH>>>>>NO, I think not.

You know the, I don't have to except them as purebred because WAHO tells me to, sounds just like what you say comes off the forum you hate so much. Hummmmmm.

Well, I'm done with this thread, it really appears to have gotten way off course. Started with the beautiful Khemosabi and now well, same old, same old.

By the way, nice horse.










     
    08-31-2012, 10:45 PM
  #67
Trained
Well, I'm sorry you think that because I voiced certain things I was bashing, I didn't intend it to be. However, if you want to be upset and disgruntled with me, you'll certainly always be able to find a reason to do it, because I will always say what I'm thinking when it pertains to the conversation I'm having. If it offends you, sorry, guess you should probably put me on ignore because you won't like what I have to say fairly frequently.

You're aware that AHA only recently rejoined WAHO, aren't you? And that was because they wouldn't accept certain horses from Brazil and WAHO said they had to. Well, AHA finally knuckled under because the overseas market is just too lucrative to ignore, but I don't think it changed the questionable horses DNA one bit.

One of the major problems we have in this breed is that no one wants to realize that the 70's & 80's are over and Lasma no longer exists and folks aren't shelling out the $$$ they used to, to support all the expensive things everyone wants to continue to see but no one wants to pay to support.

Then there's those who want to sweep things under the rug and pretend they don't exist, til their stinkin' like a week old homicide victim.

And there are those who don't want to discuss anything with a new comer and resent when the new comers find stuff out on their own and bring it up. We can't keep hiding, a lot of this stuff needs to be brought out and acknowleged and blown away by the light of day so it can't ever return.

Until then, regardless of the economy, we will keep losing people and horses and bloodlines. We are going to lose a lot of them this winter when people really start dumping horses at auction or they're being seized because they're starving. That's not just an Arabian problem, but it's going to affect them the most because they're the smallest numbers.
     
    09-01-2012, 03:46 AM
  #68
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    
Well, I'm sorry you think that because I voiced certain things I was bashing, I didn't intend it to be. However, if you want to be upset and disgruntled with me, you'll certainly always be able to find a reason to do it, because I will always say what I'm thinking when it pertains to the conversation I'm having. If it offends you, sorry, guess you should probably put me on ignore because you won't like what I have to say fairly frequently.

You're aware that AHA only recently rejoined WAHO, aren't you? And that was because they wouldn't accept certain horses from Brazil and WAHO said they had to. Well, AHA finally knuckled under because the overseas market is just too lucrative to ignore, but I don't think it changed the questionable horses DNA one bit.

One of the major problems we have in this breed is that no one wants to realize that the 70's & 80's are over and Lasma no longer exists and folks aren't shelling out the $$$ they used to, to support all the expensive things everyone wants to continue to see but no one wants to pay to support.

Then there's those who want to sweep things under the rug and pretend they don't exist, til their stinkin' like a week old homicide victim.

And there are those who don't want to discuss anything with a new comer and resent when the new comers find stuff out on their own and bring it up. We can't keep hiding, a lot of this stuff needs to be brought out and acknowleged and blown away by the light of day so it can't ever return.

Until then, regardless of the economy, we will keep losing people and horses and bloodlines. We are going to lose a lot of them this winter when people really start dumping horses at auction or they're being seized because they're starving. That's not just an Arabian problem, but it's going to affect them the most because they're the smallest numbers.
Watch out, Dream, I hear the faint bleating of another sheople ::cocks ear:: YUP!! You go girl, I value your opinions very much, whether on this thread or another!
     
    09-01-2012, 09:58 AM
  #69
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
It's called inbreeding
You can see the dangers of inbreeding in the Ansata horses to this day, as well as some of the other SE strains. They started with some lovely horses, and wound up with crazy dingbats who had genetic issues because of all the inbreeding, um, linebreeding.
I'd be curious to hear of the genetic issues with heavily Ansata horses. My experience with them has been tons of personality, very correct legs and feet, very athletic and extreme intelligence but they do not suffer fools lightly. The Ansata horses I've been fortunate enough to know have been solid built with good substance and feet like iron. Outside of LFS, SCID and CA, which is found in all bloodlines maybe I'm out of the loop on other problems?

Edited to add LFS being mainly a Straight Egyptian thing while SCID is not nearly as much.

As far as the French Arabians (gods do I even want to go there?) to me, an Arabian should first and foremost LOOK like an Arabian. I've seen very few French Arabians that fit that criteria in my very humble opinion. Not a bloodline source I'm interested in. And before anyone says it's because I have Straight Egyptians I think that way, one of my favorite all time breeding groups are Gainey horses with Raffles and I adore Spanish and Russian breds... I just happen to have fallen head over heels for the Egyptians, especially the Ansata lines. To me, they represent what a classic, athletic Arabian horse should look like :)
     
    09-01-2012, 02:21 PM
  #70
Trained
Personally, I love my Khemo bred horses. I have always found that they have had incredible minds and temperments that are second to one, and are incredible athletes.
As per Bey Shah bred horses, I've heard over and over they are hot heads. I have three Bey Shah granddaughters, and my stallion (avatar) is out of a Bey Shah son, and they are awesome. Never had an issue with a Bey Shah bred horse.

I also adore my CMK horses. I think this is where I'm going in the future, which is why a lot of my stock is for sale right now.
My latest stallion prospect is 100% CMK bred on the top, and out of a Khemosabi daughter. What a cross that was!
These are my Khemo guys. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue3.jpg (29.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg breead.jpg (27.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg khoda1.jpg (38.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg revad4.jpg (26.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Khade1.jpg (55.5 KB, 53 views)
texasgal and AbsitVita like this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beautiful Arabian Stallion Padron Psyche/Khemosabi Bred, Wausau, WI--700-obo blueberryhill Horses for Sale 2 04-26-2012 08:57 PM
Introducing my Herd of Arabians and Half Arabians :) Spirit Thyme Horse Pictures 51 09-25-2010 11:52 PM
Khemosabi++++// Eliz Famous Horses 3 08-12-2010 11:19 PM
Arabians & Half-Arabians FreedomRider Horse Breeds 71 01-11-2009 03:52 PM
arabians Tammy Horse Breeds 10 08-29-2007 05:20 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0