The perfect Horse.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

The perfect Horse.

This is a discussion on The perfect Horse. within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • A perfect horse pics
  • Your perfect horse breed for sale

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-24-2011, 07:30 PM
  #1
Foal
Arrow The perfect Horse.

I've been looking around on the web and I need a more athletic horse that I can learn more on in the Jumping range. I need a little help choosing a good breed (Warmbloods, TB, etc.) The perfect conformation also for a jumper pics are welcomed and wanted for a good looking horse. (Legs, shoulder, back conformation etc.) I would love a little advice on finding a good horse that is a great jumper. Please post pics of some good conformation in a horse and breeds, Thank you!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-24-2011, 10:22 PM
  #2
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhgirl2    
I've been looking around on the web and I need a more athletic horse that I can learn more on in the Jumping range. I need a little help choosing a good breed (Warmbloods, TB, etc.) The perfect conformation also for a jumper pics are welcomed and wanted for a good looking horse. (Legs, shoulder, back conformation etc.) I would love a little advice on finding a good horse that is a great jumper. Please post pics of some good conformation in a horse and breeds, Thank you!
what is your price range?
     
    06-24-2011, 10:41 PM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by churumbeque    
what is your price range?
around 3,000.. I probably won't find a warmblood for that cheap but I know I can find a Thoroughbred cheap like that. I just need a few references.
     
    06-25-2011, 08:30 AM
  #4
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhgirl2    
around 3,000.. I probably won't find a warmblood for that cheap but I know I can find a Thoroughbred cheap like that. I just need a few references.
If 3000.00 is your budget I am guessing it needs to be fairly close to where you live which will limit the horses to choose from? I have seen some very talented horses that had many confirmation faults
     
    06-25-2011, 09:01 AM
  #5
Foal
Hi, I'm no expert but I do browse the horse for sale ads for recreation, lol. (I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, either lol). If you are an experienced rider, I think you'll want to find an OTTB. You can find a really athletic horse for cheap. But you have to be able to train it yourself. Try CANTER.

Here in Virginia you would not have a prayer of finding an athletic jumper that was already trained for 3,000, unless you do the OTTB route.

I ride at a hunter barn with frequent sales horses going through (some in the 25,000 price range). In terms of natural jumping ability, I think you''re looking for Irish Sport Horse, European warmblood, or thoroughbred.

I would also recommend a couple issues of practical horseman. They have a conformation clinic page that goes into a lot of detail on pastern, shoulder, etc, and it's almost always focused on jumping.
     
    06-25-2011, 10:25 AM
  #6
Weanling
OTTB sounds like the way to go. Unless you have the time and experience to buy a baby and break and train yourself. Just be careful with TBs. They are so overbred you're more likely to find conformation faults. Nothing against the breed, I love them, but that's just a fact. If you can go to a TB breeding barn, look around to make sure it's a nice place, and see if they have any young horses for sale who didn't do well on the track. The TB that don't do well are usually good riding horses in other disciplines. Plus the breeders are always looking to open up stalls for new babies so they will let the slower horses go for really cheap. Good luck in your search for a horse!
     
    06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets    
OTTB sounds like the way to go. Unless you have the time and experience to buy a baby and break and train yourself. Just be careful with TBs. They are so overbred you're more likely to find conformation faults. Nothing against the breed, I love them, but that's just a fact. If you can go to a TB breeding barn, look around to make sure it's a nice place, and see if they have any young horses for sale who didn't do well on the track. The TB that don't do well are usually good riding horses in other disciplines. Plus the breeders are always looking to open up stalls for new babies so they will let the slower horses go for really cheap. Good luck in your search for a horse!
I am an experienced rider :) I love to do the jumping and cross country but my Arab mare isn't exactly the best jumper at all xD So she's my trail horse. I do have a trainer, my dad, but I have been wondering which horse would do good. I have been interested in TB's since I was little so I think that's what I will go for, Thanks.
     
    06-27-2011, 07:54 AM
  #8
Yearling
CANTER is an excellent source for finding an OTTB. You can also go to http://nhrexracers.proboards70.com/forums for helpful info from very knowledgable and experienced OTTB people. I have followed that BB since 2003 and have met many of the folks there personally.

Best Wishes for a successful search...
     
    06-27-2011, 07:59 AM
  #9
Yearling
^^^^^^^ for some reason the link doesn't work, Sorry.
     
    07-12-2011, 07:36 AM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhgirl2    
I've been looking around on the web and I need a more athletic horse that I can learn more on in the Jumping range. I need a little help choosing a good breed (Warmbloods, TB, etc.) The perfect conformation also for a jumper pics are welcomed and wanted for a good looking horse. (Legs, shoulder, back conformation etc.) I would love a little advice on finding a good horse that is a great jumper. Please post pics of some good conformation in a horse and breeds, Thank you!
www.dreamhorse.com
     

Tags
conformation, horse, jumping

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
perfect horse xtwilightx Horse Talk 12 04-29-2011 08:49 PM
I'm looking for the perfect horse rottenweiler Horses for Sale 29 01-22-2010 06:52 PM
My Perfect Horse luvmyperch Horse Pictures 17 12-28-2009 08:36 AM
Why does everyone want the perfect horse? New_image Horse Talk 16 11-28-2009 03:49 PM
the perfect place for a horse! Gammelquarterhorses Barn Maintenance 25 02-24-2008 12:30 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0