Phara Arabian Horses - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

Phara Arabian Horses

This is a discussion on Phara Arabian Horses within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree174Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
      #21
    Weanling
    Absolutely stunning Druydess!
    I am very much into arabians myself, although mine are not Phara bred. I actually didn't even know that they existed until now.

    When I went to see my new boy, the first thing I saw was his wonderful temperment. The second thing I saw was that HUGE extended trot and great athleticism......I went home to get the trailer that day!

    That's what I love about arabs, not only are they beautiful, athletic, and willing, but they are such people horses. I really can't say I'd be sad if I only owned arabians for the rest of my life ;)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-23-2011, 08:22 AM
      #22
    Banned
    I noticed in pictures of your mare that seems to have extreme flexion in her pasterns. I also noticed it in pictures of her sire. Have you noticed if he's passed those weak pasterns on to any of his other foals?
    Speed Racer and MsBHavin like this.
         
        08-23-2011, 08:33 AM
      #23
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScharmLily    
    Absolutely stunning Druydess!
    I am very much into arabians myself, although mine are not Phara bred. I actually didn't even know that they existed until now.

    When I went to see my new boy, the first thing I saw was his wonderful temperment. The second thing I saw was that HUGE extended trot and great athleticism......I went home to get the trailer that day!

    That's what I love about arabs, not only are they beautiful, athletic, and willing, but they are such people horses. I really can't say I'd be sad if I only owned arabians for the rest of my life ;)
    Thanks ScharmLily. They are wonderful companions, highly intelligent, and their beauty is just icing on the cake. I love the huge extended trot that's passed on in this line.. I can understand your excitement! I'd be happy with just Arabs as well, though I do have a QH rescue who's a doll! ;)
         
        08-23-2011, 08:48 AM
      #24
    Started
    Gorgeous horses, Druydess! Hard to find any flaws, that is.....if any exist!
         
        08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
      #25
    Green Broke
    When I saw his trot all I could think about was riding him. Is he smooth? He looks so animated.
         
        08-23-2011, 10:06 AM
      #26
    Green Broke
    Druydess...thanks for all that information...never heard of them before, and I loved reading their past, and some of the facts about them. Golden Ecstasy is a dream come true!! What a powerful, beautiful, forward, stride covering, flooring, outstanding trot he has!1 Has to be one of the most gorgeous trot's that I have ever seen.

    The way he is with children is outstanding as well. If he is the definition of the breed...WOW!!! What a breed that is! Thanks again!
    WhoaNow likes this.
         
        08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
      #27
    Banned
    I noticed the flexion too, is that common with Arabs? And does it bother them under saddle?
         
        08-23-2011, 12:11 PM
      #28
    Weanling
    Did I get it right that the sire and dam of Lewisfield Sun God were actually full brother and sister? I didn't know such breeding was desirable...
         
        08-23-2011, 12:12 PM
      #29
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexS    
    I noticed the flexion too, is that common with Arabs? And does it bother them under saddle?
    Nope, my Arab gelding even with my fat butt on board doesn't flex like that. I'd be worried about owning a horse who flexes that much without a rider. It's only going to be worse when you add that extra weight.
         
        08-23-2011, 12:36 PM
      #30
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mumiinek    
    Did I get it right that the sire and dam of Lewisfield Sun God were actually full brother and sister? I didn't know such breeding was desirable...
    Some may breed this way to set desirable traits, but it can also backfire. You seriously need to know your lines especially the tail female and the traits they are dominant for generations back. I, personally don't care for it but that is only one opinion.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Arabian horses and dressage...? Fiyaero Dressage 72 03-15-2011 10:01 PM
    Polish Arabian Horses Greetings from Poland :-) poland Horse Breeds 16 02-27-2011 12:47 PM
    The Journal of Three Arabian Horses Liberty Member Journals 0 01-25-2009 06:48 PM
    arabian horses nldiaz66 Horse Breeds 20 11-11-2008 11:31 PM
    Arabian Horses nldiaz66 Horse Breeds 12 09-26-2008 12:03 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0