I wish we know her dam's side.. I'll have to check AQHA and see what I can find, I can also add it to your horse's allbreed if you'd like?
Your mare is definitely bred for cutting, lots of good cow horses in her pedigree. I'll just add what I know about the horses, cutting lines are some of my favorites and I really like your horse's sire's side. Very good mix.. That's what makes me want to see her dam's and see what the other side is like, should be interesting.
Anyway. I'll start with the closer up horses and work my way back through generations.
This is your mare's sire.. He was never shown due to injury..Basically bred for color and bloodlines.
_______________________________________________ High Brow Hickory
- NCHA Futurity, NCHA Breeders, AQHA High Point, Performance Horse, AQHA Reserve High Point Performance Horse, NCHA money-earner, ROM Performance.. NCHA Futurity, '86 2nd Open Futurity; NCHA Breeders, '87 2nd Open Cutting; AQHA High Point Performance Horse, '89; AQHA Reserve High Point Performance Horse, ROM Performance, NCHA money-earner, COA, Bronze - Total Points Earned: 27; Perf Points: 27; NCHA Earnings: $197,292. Offspring performance records
..World Champion Offspring, Reserve World Champion Offspring, Superior Performance Offspring, ROM Performance Offspring, NRHA Money-earners, NCHA Money-earners, NRCHA Money-earners, Halter Point Earners.
_______________________________________________ Docs Hickory
- AQHA Champion, AQHA High Point Cutting Stallion, #4 All Time Leading Cutting Sire, #6 All Time Leading Reined Cowhorse Sire, NRHA Leading Sire, A leading sire of performance ROM, Sire of Earners of over $15,900,000... $1,196.06 in NCHA dollars, Awards: COA...
_______________________________________________ Mr San Peppy
- Mr San Peppy (1968–1998) was an American Quarter Horse stallion and a famous cutting horse. He was the National Cutting Horse Association, or NCHA, World Champion in 1973 and 1976. He was also the American Quarter Horse Association, or AQHA, World Champion in Senior Cutting in 1976, as well as being named the High Point Cutting Horse by the AQHA in 1975 and 1976. He went on to become a notable breeding stallion and will be inducted into the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame in 2011. His full brother, Peppy San, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1999.
_______________________________________________ Quilchina Bar -
NCHA money-earner and Performance Point Earner.
_______________________________________________ Leo San
- NCHA money-earner and Performance Point Earner. He had a more impressive offspring record.
Offspring record...World Champion Offspring, Superior Halter Offspring, Superior Performance Offspring, AQHA High Point Performance Offspring, AQHA Champion Offspring, ROM Performance Offspring, Race ROM Offspring, NCHA Money-earners, Race Money-earners..
_______________________________________________ Doc Bar
- was bred to be a racehorse, became an outstanding halter horse, and in his sire career revolutionized the cutting horse industry.
He was inducted into the AQHA Hall of Fame in 2007.. Western Horseman magazine chose Doc Bar as number two on their list of top ten ranch horse bloodlines. leading sire of AQHA Champions, NCHA Champions, and Arena ROMs. Offspring earned $1,178,484 in cutting. SIRE OF: Wrld Ch 9, Resrve Wrld Ch 4, Top Ten World Show Offspring, Superior Halter. 75% foundation bred.
(Doc Bar is one of my favorite sires EVER.. My gelding is Doc Bar bred.. Our horses are actually relation pretty closely)
_______________________________________________ Lightning Bar
- was an American Quarter Horse who raced and subsequently became a breeding stallion. He was bred by his lifelong owner Art Pollard of Sonoita, Arizona, and was the offspring of Three Bars, a Thoroughbred, and Della P, a Quarter Horse mare from Louisiana, then noted for the breeding of sprint horses. Lightning Bar raced ten times, achieving four victories and four other top three finishes. His racing career was cut short by illness after only one year, following which he spent two years as a show horse. As a breeding stallion he sired seven crops, or years, of foals, among whom Doc Bar was the best known. In 1960 Lightning Bar died of an intestinal infection at the age of nine. He was inducted into the American Quarter Horse Association's (AQHA) Hall of Fame in 2008.
_______________________________________________ Chickasha Mike
- Reserve World Champion, Superior Performance, NCHA money-earner, Halter Point Earner, Performance Point Earner, ROM Performance.. Won $23,747.34 NCHA dollars. Awards: COA Bronze, Silver.
_______________________________________________ Doc Tari
- 75% NFQHA , NCHA Cutting Futurity `73 Open Non-Pro 2nd , NCHA LTE $16,942 , COA , NRHA Offspr (10) LTE: $28,002 , Equi-Stat Cutting Offspring LTE: $4,608,649.
I just went back to her fifth generation.. I really like your mare's sire's side.. I just wish we could see her dam's.