What breed does he look to be? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

What breed does he look to be?

This is a discussion on What breed does he look to be? within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    Well honestly, I would definitely say Fjord cross. As to the other half, I could not hazard a guess. My Fjord is 14 hh so no guesses from height lol
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-09-2011, 10:10 PM
      #12
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilruffian    
    Well honestly, I would definitely say Fjord cross. As to the other half, I could not hazard a guess. My Fjord is 14 hh so no guesses from height lol

    Now that I looked up the Fjord horse, he does show the characteristics, but his color doesn't match.
         
        04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
      #13
    Trained
    I think she is a roan not a chestnut OR a palomino. Also she looks a little red dun as already pointed out.
         
        04-09-2011, 10:43 PM
      #14
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PintoTess    
    I think she is a roan not a chestnut OR a palomino. Also she looks a little red dun as already pointed out.
    Ummmm... My horse is not a girl lol. He is a boy hun, but I think he is a dun.. But I also think he is more of a Fjord really. His body structure looks that of Fjord
         
        04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
      #15
    Trained
    Gosh sorry.
         
        04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
      #16
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butter93    
    Now that I looked up the Fjord horse, he does show the characteristics, but his color doesn't match.
    Fjords come in 5 different colors; brown dun, red dun, black dun, white dun & yellow dun. Brown dun is the most common (80% of Fjords are this color) which is why when you look them up they all look the same lol.
    It is possible that one parent was a brown dun Fjord & the other a chesnut horse of some breed which may have resulted in the red dun coloring
         
        04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
      #17
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PintoTess    
    Gosh sorry.
    I wasnt mad at you 0.0 I was just pointing out his gender. But I appreciate your opinion all the same :)
         
        04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
      #18
    Trained
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I reckon that HE is a Fjord. Or at least half a Fjord.
         
        04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Fjord crossed with something, I see mostly Fjord =/
         
        04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PintoTess    
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I reckon that HE is a Fjord. Or at least half a Fjord.
    Im thinking that too.. But Im also wondering what the other half of him is
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    To Breed or Not To Breed? That is the Question! lilruffian Horse Breeding 17 09-06-2010 03:06 PM
    What breed is she? britneypadilla Horse Breeds 10 08-15-2010 04:13 AM
    To Breed or Not to Breed, That is the question?? aappyfan1 Horse Breeding 14 09-28-2008 11:56 PM
    What breed? arastangrider Horse Breeds 10 02-25-2008 02:59 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0