What breed is Reefa?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

What breed is Reefa?

This is a discussion on What breed is Reefa? within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
      #1
    Yearling
    What breed is Reefa?

    So my friend just bought this pony for her 10yr old son to ride, he's 7 years old and 13.3hh but she has no idea what breed he is. Neither did the previous owner, and they had him from a youngster. He's absolutely adorable & I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him. He's really sweet natured, but he has only ever been used as a plod around for children so isnt properly schooled & is nervous when being schooled. I've been helping my friend school him but he gets nervous when asked to trot & canter but he is completely safe as far as I can tell. What breed do you guys think he is?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-28-2010, 10:36 AM
      #2
    Yearling
    I don't know... It looks like he might have some Welsh and Gypsy cob in there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        12-28-2010, 10:45 AM
      #3
    Yearling
    Someone down our yard seemed to think he had connemara in him. :/
         
        12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
      #4
    Banned
    Cute...he is cute.
         
        12-28-2010, 05:05 PM
      #5
    Super Moderator
    You know, you guys in the UK have alot of pony breeds that we in US are not so familiar with. Such as Fell Horse, New Forest Pony, Cob this and Cob that. I wouldn't hazard a guess , 'cause I think it might be one of those breeds that are almost nonexistant in the US.
    Cute pony and very sturdy looking. Looks like he could easily carry an adult.
         
        12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
      #6
    Showing
    Thick little guy! Its going to be hard for us to guess because most of us are from a different continent so dealing with different breeds. You guys have so many different cobs, that I wouldn't be surprised if he was cob cross because they are very thick but still maintain that pony height. Either way he's gorgeous. You guys are really fortunate to have those breeds up in the UK. All we have here it seems is thoroughbreds, warmbloods and QHs-nothing else

    He's beautiful.
         
        12-29-2010, 03:33 PM
      #7
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by My2Geldings    
    Thick little guy! Its going to be hard for us to guess because most of us are from a different continent so dealing with different breeds. You guys have so many different cobs, that I wouldn't be surprised if he was cob cross because they are very thick but still maintain that pony height. Either way he's gorgeous. You guys are really fortunate to have those breeds up in the UK. All we have here it seems is thoroughbreds, warmbloods and QHs-nothing else

    He's beautiful.
    This is funny I'm always thinking that you have a lot of unique breeds in the USA that we don't have (we europeans).

    And to the OP: The pony is gorgeous and it looks to be very well behaved too. I can't tell a thing about his breed because I don't know the breeds from your region. But he is very nice build.
         
        12-29-2010, 03:39 PM
      #8
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinyliny    
    You know, you guys in the UK have alot of pony breeds that we in US are not so familiar with. Such as Fell Horse, New Forest Pony, Cob this and Cob that. I wouldn't hazard a guess , 'cause I think it might be one of those breeds that are almost nonexistant in the US.
    Cute pony and very sturdy looking. Looks like he could easily carry an adult.
    Woops sorry! I just typed the same thing you did. I should have read ALL the posts first.
         
        12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
      #9
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ****edEvans    
    This is funny I'm always thinking that you have a lot of unique breeds in the USA that we don't have (we europeans).

    And to the OP: The pony is gorgeous and it looks to be very well behaved too. I can't tell a thing about his breed because I don't know the breeds from your region. But he is very nice build.
    Oh goodness no. I grew up in Southern France before moving here, and believe me, the horse breeds are faaaaar more varied in Europe than they are here. You could get a lot of more "special" breeds here to, but you really need to search and be willing to pay big money for them. Its so expensive, that in a lot of cases its cheaper to import and fly them in, than buy them locally! I miss Europe!
         
        12-30-2010, 01:08 AM
      #10
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ****edEvans    
    And to the OP: The pony is gorgeous and it looks to be very well behaved too. I can't tell a thing about his breed because I don't know the breeds from your region. But he is very nice build.
    he is so well behaved, its unreal lol for a green pony he is amazing. He's quite happy to have kids climbing all over him, putting things in his mane and such. I've ridden him a few times and he feels nervous but safe at the same time. He seems to be alot more relaxed when its a kid on him though.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    To Breed or Not To Breed? That is the Question! lilruffian Horse Breeding 17 09-06-2010 04:06 PM
    what breed do you think she is? Twilight Arabians Horse Breeds 17 09-18-2009 06:05 PM
    What's your fav breed? Palamino Princess Horse Breeds 19 09-08-2009 03:48 PM
    To Breed or Not to Breed, That is the question?? aappyfan1 Horse Breeding 14 09-29-2008 12:56 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0