Who loves TBs? :] - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds

Who loves TBs? :]

This is a discussion on Who loves TBs? :] within the Horse Breeds forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-02-2010, 03:08 PM
      #31
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HowClever    
    Thanks! You should it when he's had a bath, pretty much blinding white! Hang on I'll try and find a pic *rummages*

    Here ya go...(excuse the forelock, mummy forgot to wash it!)
    Holy crow! He is REALLY white! Even more white than Stoeka used to be when she had a bath....
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-02-2010, 10:38 PM
      #32
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by flamingauburnmustang    
    Holy crow! He is REALLY white! Even more white than Stoeka used to be when she had a bath....
    Haha, he's not that white at the moment though, too hot for him to be rugged, but it rains and he rolls, haha.
    I think the best thing is that when his is freshly bathed he actually has chestnut coloured flea-bites, not many, but they're there.
         
        05-03-2010, 10:51 PM
      #33
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MustangBlue    
    Thats funny I have a new TB named Gus too!
    Yeah, when I saw your heading "Gus..." I had to do a double take. And then I'm reading how he's an OTTB, and I'm thinking to myself, "no, Gus never raced, he doesn't have a lip tattoo." Man I must have been too tired to be reading HF when I saw your post .
         
        05-04-2010, 04:14 AM
      #34
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HowClever    
    Haha, he's not that white at the moment though, too hot for him to be rugged, but it rains and he rolls, haha.
    I think the best thing is that when his is freshly bathed he actually has chestnut coloured flea-bites, not many, but they're there.
    LOL. Stoeka also had a few chestnut flea bites on her. Strange...
         
        05-05-2010, 10:10 AM
      #35
    Yearling
    I just bought this girl april 27th! She's a 13 year old raced mare. She's setteled in great and I'm in love!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg pea4.jpg (28.7 KB, 65 views)
         
        05-12-2010, 10:01 AM
      #36
    Weanling
    Generally speaking, *I* don't like TBs. Too much energy for my blood, at least the OTTB. Wife's got one of them and he's still in the "all I wanna do is run" stage...
         
        05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
      #37
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spence    
    generally speaking, *I* don't like TBs. Too much energy for my blood, at least the OTTB. Wife's got one of them and he's still in the "all I wanna do is run" stage...
    Not my OTTB, spence.

    He couldn't cut it as a race horse because his whole philosophy on life is, "Why run when I can trot, and why trot if I can walk?"

    JJ's only 6 y/o, which means he's going to get even more laid back the older he gets. He's completely convinced that 'standing still' is a gait.
         
        05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
      #38
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Not my OTTB, spence.

    He couldn't cut it as a race horse because his whole philosophy on life is, "Why run when I can trot, and why trot if I can walk?"

    JJ's only 6 y/o, which means he's going to get even more laid back the older he gets. He's completely convinced that 'standing still' is a gait.
    I WISH YANKEE WAS LIKE THAT!!! He ran something like 28 times, didn't earn much, and was hardly in the money. But he's still **** fast, faster than I ever want to go on a horse, and got too much energy. But the best thing that the wife EVER did was take him off grain and feed him only grass/hay, beet pulp, and alfalfa cubes. I could tell a massive DROP in energy within a week... much nicer to work with!
         
        05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
      #39
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Not my OTTB, spence.

    He couldn't cut it as a race horse because his whole philosophy on life is, "Why run when I can trot, and why trot if I can walk?"

    JJ's only 6 y/o, which means he's going to get even more laid back the older he gets. He's completely convinced that 'standing still' is a gait.
    - that would be our Aero, too.

    (still one of my favorite pics of DD and Aero)




    This one sums up Aero's personality and attitude perfectly.
         
        05-12-2010, 11:03 AM
      #40
    Showing
    Mac, what a lovely boy!

    Spence, race horses are fed high energy rocket fuel, so when you take them off it they do tend to have a downturn in energy.

    I have JJ on Blue Seal Charger right now because he lost some weight at the trainer's and I want him to regain it. Hasn't really affected his energy level, except that occasionally he'll trot with the two Arabians when they're being snorty and racing around.

    He doesn't do it as long as they do, though. There's grass to be eaten!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    my loves:) Weltiger Gaited Horses 13 04-14-2010 07:57 PM
    he loves her ... but kchfuller Horse Pictures 7 02-09-2010 12:19 PM
    ok here are my loves missy45690 Horse Riding Critique 7 05-24-2008 11:28 AM
    My loves. suenosderosas Horse Pictures 13 12-02-2007 11:40 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0