Any ideas on possible foal color? - Page 17
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

Any ideas on possible foal color?

This is a discussion on Any ideas on possible foal color? within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree53Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-19-2013, 08:54 PM
      #161
    Started
    It doesn't take much sun to bleach te coat out some plus there are varying shades of darkness in blacks just like varying shades of other colors.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-19-2013, 08:54 PM
      #162
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmsTNWalkers    
    Oyyy, I don't think we're in Kansas any more!

    ...............................toto?
         
        03-19-2013, 08:58 PM
      #163
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peppy Barrel Racing    
    It doesn't take much sun to bleach te coat out some plus there are varying shades of darkness in blacks just like varying shades of other colors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    Theres tru black, fading black, then theres dark bay, seal brown, and smoky cream.. I still think that studs champagne.. he is more charcoal.
         
        03-19-2013, 09:01 PM
      #164
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    Theres tru black, fading black, then theres dark bay, seal brown, and smoky cream.. I still think that studs champagne.. he is more charcoal.
    "True" black and "fading" black are not genetically distinct. The way a horse's coat fades is related to nutrition and care, not genetics.
         
        03-19-2013, 09:01 PM
      #165
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    ...............................toto?

    Yes, I couldn't help myself! Love the name
    toto likes this.
         
        03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
      #166
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
    "True" black and "fading" black are not genetically distinct. The way a horse's coat fades is related to nutrition and care, not genetics.
    I always thought 'EE' Homozoygous was non fading no matter what and 'Ee' Heterozygous faded.. Thanks for clearning that up. :)
         
        03-19-2013, 09:40 PM
      #167
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    I always thought 'EE' Homozoygous was non fading no matter what and 'Ee' Heterozygous faded.. Thanks for clearning that up. :)
    No worries
    toto likes this.
         
        03-19-2013, 09:41 PM
      #168
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmsTNWalkers    
    Yes, I couldn't help myself! Love the name
    I bet you think you're talkin with a cairn terrier.

    I'll have to make him my default pic now.
         
        03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
      #169
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    I bet you think you're talkin with a cairn terrier.

    I'll have to make him my default pic now.
    Hahahaha hey ya never know!

    toto.jpg

    Just look at how ridiculous he looks
    toto likes this.
         
        03-19-2013, 11:15 PM
      #170
    Started
    Oh, I have a toto dog but his name is Wrangler!!!! He's so cute:)
    Posted via Mobile Device
    toto likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Normal Stool In One Day Old Foal?? AND Foal Color Chelley Horse Health 8 05-20-2012 12:37 AM
    Foal Color, help me guess what color he'll shed out.. frogtree Horse Breeding 11 04-25-2012 10:29 PM
    Foal names ideas! howrsegirl123 Horse Talk 9 03-26-2012 12:04 PM
    *Foal did not make it* - Foal due soon! Color/sex guesses? Poco1220 Horse Breeding 185 07-28-2011 07:16 PM
    Foal Name Ideas? JazperTheEventer Horse Breeding 9 02-08-2011 08:35 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0