Any ideas on possible foal color? - Page 9
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

Any ideas on possible foal color?

This is a discussion on Any ideas on possible foal color? within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree53Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-18-2013, 10:07 PM
      #81
    Yearling
    I think smokey cream too.

    Did you happen to take any photos of the mare in sunlight?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-18-2013, 10:17 PM
      #82
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tryst    
    I think smokey cream too.

    Did you happen to take any photos of the mare in sunlight?
    Actually I got a few, I was so distracted by the foal I forgot about her mostly

    2013-03-17_16-17-29_120.jpg

    2013-03-17_16-18-30_458.jpg

    2013-03-17_16-17-41_623.jpg
         
        03-18-2013, 11:52 PM
      #83
    Started
    I'm thinking both parents are smokey black
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        03-19-2013, 12:43 AM
      #84
    Green Broke
    I would guess the dam is brown. Sire.. smoky . New foal, my guess is it will darken to a palomino, look at its legs. I am not an expert.
    If the sire is smoky with your mares color, maybe you will get a nice a dun / buckskin color.
         
        03-19-2013, 01:44 AM
      #85
    Started
    I don't see any brown traits im thinking she is just a little faded at the moment
         
        03-19-2013, 02:16 AM
      #86
    Banned
    That studs obviously throwin champagne foals-- the mare is a buckskin (one cream gene) im guessing the foal will be amber cream.
         
        03-19-2013, 02:18 AM
      #87
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    that studs obviously throwin champagne foals-- the mare is a buckskin (one cream gene) im guessing the foal will be amber cream.
    I don't think the colt is champagne but is black with two cream genes. Also one parent would have to carry champagne it doesn't appear that either parent is champagne.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        03-19-2013, 02:24 AM
      #88
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peppy Barrel Racing    
    I don't think the colt is champagne but is black with two cream genes. Also one parent would have to carry champagne it doesn't appear that either parent is champagne.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    the stud is a champagne. You can see his eyes are lighter than brown, but aint blue, and he is almost a grulla/coal color, not black.

    He also throws champagne foals.. every one of them were champagne-- you can tell the difference in cream, and champagne by eye color, and that foal doesn't look perlino to me.. coluld be.. if the eyes were blue, instead of an amberish/greenish color..
         
        03-19-2013, 02:30 AM
      #89
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    the stud is a champagne. You can see his eyes are lighter than brown, but aint blue, and he is almost a grulla/coal color, not black.

    He also throws champagne foals.. every one of them were champagne-- you can tell the difference in cream, and champagne by eye color, and that foal doesn't look perlino to me.. coluld be.. if the eyes were blue, instead of an amberish/greenish color..
    There is no skin mottling on the stud I disagree he is champagne and I agree the colt is not Perlino (bay + two cream genes) I'm fairly positive he is smokey cream (black + two cream genes)
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        03-19-2013, 02:35 AM
      #90
    Started
    Plus the stud doesn't have te right color and his iris can be lighten by the cream gene. This is a classic champagne horse. (Champagne on a black base).

    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Normal Stool In One Day Old Foal?? AND Foal Color Chelley Horse Health 8 05-20-2012 12:37 AM
    Foal Color, help me guess what color he'll shed out.. frogtree Horse Breeding 11 04-25-2012 10:29 PM
    Foal names ideas! howrsegirl123 Horse Talk 9 03-26-2012 12:04 PM
    *Foal did not make it* - Foal due soon! Color/sex guesses? Poco1220 Horse Breeding 185 07-28-2011 07:16 PM
    Foal Name Ideas? JazperTheEventer Horse Breeding 9 02-08-2011 08:35 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0