The badass brown. - Page 15
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

The badass brown.

This is a discussion on The badass brown. within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Gypsy vanner flaxen liver chestnut

Like Tree337Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-31-2011, 11:16 PM
  #141
Weanling
Rofl! Thanks OTTBLover. I hate to sound all unicorn farts and rainbow spit but I adore this horse, right down to his pink nose. Black, brown....doesn't matter. He is just my Hugo.
L8rg8r likes this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-04-2011, 01:34 AM
  #142
Foal
Lmao, so cute!
     
    08-04-2011, 01:57 AM
  #143
Foal
Coffeegod, if Hugo is a purebred percheron like it says on his page, then he's almost definitely a true black. Percherons usually only come in grey or black.

Either way, he's awesome! I have a soft spot for perchies. I've been told that my BLM Mustang came from a herd in Nevada that had an infusion of percheron blood which really explains his unusual size (16hh), dark color, and massive feet, lol.
     
    08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
  #144
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagof4grapes    
coffeegod, if Hugo is a purebred percheron like it says on his page, then he's almost definitely a true black. Percherons usually only come in grey or black.

Either way, he's awesome! I have a soft spot for perchies. I've been told that my BLM Mustang came from a herd in Nevada that had an infusion of percheron blood which really explains his unusual size (16hh), dark color, and massive feet, lol.
Hugo is a Percheron cross. I don't think there is a way to put the cross part in the breed blurb. He was bred in Kentucky on a nurse mare farm. There was a big, black Percheron stud on the farm so we assume that's daddy.

Massive feet...ROFL! Hugo's dinner plates are the largest set of hooves the farrier has seen thus far (the farrier is a young guy...give him time).

Regardless of color, I love my big guy. He may not move fast but by ****, you know he is heading your way.
     
    08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
  #145
Foal
I love all the pictures of your BABs.
     
    08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
  #146
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegod    
Hugo is a Percheron cross. I don't think there is a way to put the cross part in the breed blurb. He was bred in Kentucky on a nurse mare farm. There was a big, black Percheron stud on the farm so we assume that's daddy.
Off topic but I wanted to let you know how to put more than one breed on there. When you are selecting the breed, if you hold down the Ctrl key, you can select more than one breed. That's how I did both my crosses.
     
    08-04-2011, 01:46 PM
  #147
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
Off topic but I wanted to let you know how to put more than one breed on there. When you are selecting the breed, if you hold down the Ctrl key, you can select more than one breed. That's how I did both my crosses.
SQUEEE! Thanks sm!
     
    08-06-2011, 04:56 PM
  #148
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahver    
Yes, after owning a frequently pee/poop/mud/general filth covered grey for over ten years I was a little excited at the prospect of owning a less dirty horse.

Le sigh.

Attachment 70098
Haha, clean? Like my BAB?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2147.jpg (95.1 KB, 143 views)
     
    08-06-2011, 05:17 PM
  #149
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalin    
Is that really the name of the horses color?
...yes.
     
    08-07-2011, 01:53 AM
  #150
Weanling
My god for 3 years now I thought I had a black bay.....heck one occasion I was told a liver chestnut...but no I think I have a BAB...

Its 1 am now in TX so I am too lazy and sleepy to post images but I will be back to see what you guys think...
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bay, brown or red dun? Plains Drifter Horse Colors and Genetics 24 08-17-2011 04:17 PM
Bay or Brown? Phantomcolt18 Horse Colors and Genetics 49 07-04-2011 10:12 PM
Seal Brown? Trish2010 Horse Breeding 7 04-08-2010 10:46 AM
Brown Cremello? AztecBaby Horse Grooming 3 10-27-2009 11:36 PM
Brown or black? JustDressageIt Horse Talk 21 08-18-2009 09:45 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0