Chestnut Friesian

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

Chestnut Friesian

This is a discussion on Chestnut Friesian within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Friesian+color+genetics
  • Chestnut friesen

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By csimkunas6
  • 1 Post By Chiilaa
  • 3 Post By Chiilaa

LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Green Broke
Chestnut Friesian

Came across this horse/site today.....a Chestnut Friesian, how neat!

The Magical World of Dancing Horses - Friesians

Just thought I would share ;)
Sponsored Links
    05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I want one. Theoretically, we could line breed with his parents and siblings since we know that each parent has a red gene, and get a line of chestnuts... Oh god how I want a chestnut friesian!!
CLaPorte432 likes this.
    05-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Green Broke
Love his coloring!
But technically isnt he not allowed to be registered as a friesian since I believe they require black coats with next to no white for registrations....but I could be wrong.
    05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
He's beautiful! :)
    05-21-2012, 08:36 PM
The ad says he is FHANA registered. Maybe they are just keeping up with the times and allowing all genetic possibilities? I don't mind. If he isn't registered I will take him off their hands and start a new registry - SHRFAA - Super Hot Red Friesian Association of Australia.
    05-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Green Broke
I read something about how the black genes, for Friesians anyways have carried the red gene since the breed was started. I personally like the red better than the black, but that's just me
    05-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I would say, just at a guess, that about 99% of Friesians today are EE, so homozygous for black. Then the other 1% are Ee, and carry red. In fact, the numbers are probably even higher in favour of EE to be honest. This boy was just a lucky dip. I would start testing all his full and half siblings though, and their get too. Chestnut Friesians could be the new "in thing" lol.
    05-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Green Broke
Gorgeous horse!!
    05-21-2012, 09:47 PM
My instructor recently traded for a red FresianxAzteca mare. BRIGHT red, very pretty. If I remember correctly, it can occur naturally within the blood line, but comes out very commonly in crosses since Fresians are not all homozygous black.

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
chestnut x chestnut = palomino!? wingana Horse Colors and Genetics 46 03-17-2012 07:25 AM
Breeding a Chestnut to Chestnut paint - foal color? Juna Horse Colors and Genetics 10 04-05-2011 07:35 PM
Chestnut, Flaxen Chestnut or Sorrel? DancingWithSunny Horse Colors and Genetics 13 04-01-2011 10:54 AM
Chestnut Friesian Sara Horse Pictures 49 11-20-2010 10:06 AM
Liver chestnut or regular chestnut? roro Horse Breeds 46 01-19-2010 12:12 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0