Cool looking paint - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

Cool looking paint

This is a discussion on Cool looking paint within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree6Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
      #11
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustImagine    
    He has such a thick tail!
    He has a tail extension.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
      #12
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    He has a tail extension.
    No I don't believe he does. Go look at him here - Equestrious

    A horse CAN have a thick long tail without having an extension...
    Nokotaheaven likes this.
         
        01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
      #13
    Green Broke
    Soo..what colour are we looking at with what "modifications"? Im not seeing a palomino.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-05-2013, 08:29 PM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iseul    
    Soo..what colour are we looking at with what "modifications"? Im not seeing a palomino.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    He's a palomino with the sooty gene.
    They come in all forms of shades and such.. Here's a couple examples
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=sooty+...4&tx=159&ty=74
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=sooty+...9&tx=162&ty=69
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=sooty+...5&tx=110&ty=70
         
        01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
      #15
    Weanling
    OOh very purdy! If I ever found a chocolate pali, and I was looking, and it fit the bill for confo, temperment and training I would pick it up in a second.
    Nokotaheaven likes this.
         
        01-05-2013, 08:34 PM
      #16
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mochachino    
    OOh very purdy! If I ever found a chocolate pali, and I was looking, and it fit the bill for confo, temperment and training I would pick it up in a second.
    Haha that's why I like this guy. He may not be great at one particular thing, but I think with the right person he can be a really good horse. And it looks like he's got the kind of mindset I loke, plus colour to boot!
         
        01-06-2013, 07:23 PM
      #17
    Foal
    Pretty sure he is a Sooty Pali, handsome guy in the color department, but other than that I can't say I like him that much, just doesn't look like something I'd get.

    As far as his white, I see some frame with maybe sabino for the edges, I could be wrong on the Sabino, but I am pretty confident he's a frame.
         
        01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
      #18
    CCH
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunnyMeadeFarm    
    pretty sure he is a Sooty Pali, handsome guy in the color department, but other than that I can't say I like him that much, just doesn't look like something I'd get.

    As far as his white, I see some frame with maybe sabino for the edges, I could be wrong on the Sabino, but I am pretty confident he's a frame.
    I disagree, while frame is possible from a 4th generation ancestor on the sire's side, I don't see it. This geldings pedigree has definite splash white and his white patterning is extremely typical of splash presentation.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-08-2013, 10:22 PM
      #19
    Foal
    Hmm maybe a paint with a silver gene? That may throw the silvery tail but with the black mane I wouldnt say palamino maybe more of a bay
         
        01-08-2013, 10:58 PM
      #20
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maygen    
    Hmm maybe a paint with a silver gene? That may throw the silvery tail but with the black mane I wouldnt say palamino maybe more of a bay
    If you look at his hind legs, the white doesn't go all the way up to the knee, and theres a large area on both hind legs that are the same colour as the body where they should actually be black if he was a bay. Also if you look at this, Equestrious, it looks like at the VERY very base of his mane it is actually cream coloured instead of black. If you saw the examples of sooty palomino that I posted, there is at least one that he is quite similar to
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Is my bay paint also considered a tri-color paint? Thyme Horse Colors and Genetics 8 09-21-2012 04:02 PM
    Anyone want to draw/paint my paintless paint? Painted1 Horse Artwork 31 08-31-2011 04:12 AM
    trading paint 4 paint. what do you think?? peace love and paints Horse Riding Critique 4 04-21-2009 03:38 PM
    Cool Omega 40+ VS. Cool Calories 100 minihorse927 Horse Health 3 01-08-2009 12:34 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0