Just Wanted to Share This Stud! - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

Just Wanted to Share This Stud!

This is a discussion on Just Wanted to Share This Stud! within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-20-2011, 09:36 AM
      #21
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
    You know, I am the first person that would say something like this. But then I would back it up with reasons. It's just plain rude to say stuff like that without justifying it. Please, enlighten us, oh knowledgeable one. Why would you geld and not keep this one?

    It's also not nice to critique stranger's horses without them asking for it.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-20-2011, 12:55 PM
      #22
    Green Broke
    I think his confo isnt terrible, personally.
    I also think many would keep him as a stud purely because of his color. He's a lovely shade of roan (one of my favs) as well as a Pintaloosa and around here, those arent common. This is in fact the first i've ever actually seen lol
    Being registered also makes it a bonus & if he's got decent lines then all the better.
    He's the best one out of their other studs lol though all their pics are taken at bad angles in winter & they're all mucky-looking so you can't really judge ;)
         
        02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
      #23
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilruffian    
    I think his confo isnt terrible, personally.
    I also think many would keep him as a stud purely because of his color. He's a lovely shade of roan (one of my favs) as well as a Pintaloosa and around here, those arent common. This is in fact the first i've ever actually seen lol
    Being registered also makes it a bonus & if he's got decent lines then all the better.
    He's the best one out of their other studs lol though all their pics are taken at bad angles in winter & they're all mucky-looking so you can't really judge ;)
    Where is he registered with? APHA wouldn't touch him nor would ApHC.
         
        02-20-2011, 01:30 PM
      #24
    Yearling
    He looks slightly like my horse molly
         
        02-20-2011, 04:52 PM
      #25
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NdAppy    
    Where is he registered with? APHA wouldn't touch him nor would ApHC.

    I have been following this thread and agree. None of the well known respected color registries accept pintaloosas as far as I am aware of.

    I personally would pass this one by.

    From what the OP has posted it seems to be a backyard breeder and while the conformation is OK he does not look to be of breeding quality. A stallion should exhibit more than just OK conformation but excel or at least be minimally above average for the breed standard. The markings are certainly unusual but I am not a fan of breeders that breed for color only, there HAS to be more than color to make a horse stand out to even be considered a viable breeding prospect.

    And in my opinion those qualities are just not there.
         
        02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
      #26
    Trained
    Very well put Spyder. I was thinking the same thing, I just couldn't get it out that nicely.
         
        02-20-2011, 05:20 PM
      #27
    Foal
    As if the photos aren't justification enough? He's not stallion material plain and simple. Second he's also likely to not be registered with any breed registry so that makes him another grade stallion producing more grade horses in a market that is pretty much dead even for registered horses. Keeping stallions and continually producing horses in an economy where so many others can't even be sold is totally irresponsible for the owner.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
    You know, I am the first person that would say something like this. But then I would back it up with reasons. It's just plain rude to say stuff like that without justifying it. Please, enlighten us, oh knowledgeable one. Why would you geld and not keep this one?
         
        02-20-2011, 05:25 PM
      #28
    Foal
    Actually that isn't correct any more.

    ApHC voted to remove their excessive white rule from ApHC to ApHC registered stock so they will and have recently allowed Pintaloosas full regular registration papers due to parentage verification of the resulting foal. So There may be a time in the near future where pintaloosa's become somewhat common place.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spyder    
    I have been following this thread and agree. None of the well known respected color registries accept pintaloosas as far as I am aware of.
         
        02-20-2011, 06:07 PM
      #29
    Trained
    Not totally true there either Hobo. ApHC has stated that is the foals born have pinto patterns, regardless of what the parents look like, they will not be granted ApHC papers. Also if the horse (AQHA) is marked undesirable white and it is in a pinto type pattern, they are not eligible for breeding to ApHC horses. AQHA horses such as Reminic In Spots, as far as I know, are allowed an allowed out-cross since he (they) show a distinct appaloosa pattern.
         
        02-20-2011, 06:13 PM
      #30
    Foal
    That ruling is for ApHC to approved crossbreed horses. If I breed and ApHC stallion to a TB or Arab or AQHA mare, and said foal comes out looking like a Pintaloosa, he's not eligible to be registered.

    However ApHC to ApHC horses no longer have any excessive white rule and there has already been not one but at least TWO or more ApHC to ApHC parentage verified registered pintaloosas allowed. One of them even competed at the National show in the past two years. There currently is NO excessive white rule for ApHC to ApHC registered foals. It's been in the rule book like that for several years.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NdAppy    
    Not totally true there either Hobo. ApHC has stated that is the foals born have pinto patterns, regardless of what the parents look like, they will not be granted ApHC papers. Also if the horse (AQHA) is marked undesirable white and it is in a pinto type pattern, they are not eligible for breeding to ApHC horses. AQHA horses such as Reminic In Spots, as far as I know, are allowed an allowed out-cross since he (they) show a distinct appaloosa pattern.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Just wanted to Share... megarcher25 Horse Training 7 10-05-2010 05:19 AM
    Just wanted to share... HalfPass Dressage 3 04-11-2010 10:23 PM
    Just wanted to share HowClever Horse Training 5 04-08-2010 10:11 PM
    Just wanted to share :) ilovestitch Trail Riding 4 10-19-2009 09:00 AM
    Just wanted to share! aruraeclipse Western Riding 8 07-29-2009 01:42 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0