Lethal White Overo info - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 55Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,132
• Horses: 0
*rolls eyes*
NdAppy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Bwahaha...the old "or we will take farther action" routine...

That ranks right up there with my favorite expressions of 10 year old boys...
"Get off my property"

...and 10 year old girls...
"You aren't the boss of me"
Faceman is offline  
post #13 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,456
• Horses: 4
Oh my god people are crazy I'm mean she is seriously like a child putting her hands over her ears blocking out the truth going lalalala I'm not listening!!!! I can't admit that I'm a horrible person and that "slander" would not hold up in court.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stichy likes this.
Peppy Barrel Racing is offline  
post #14 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,456
• Horses: 4
This is why there should be schooling and liscencing for commercial breeding programs this should be considered animal abuse and I'd report her to the better business bureau for have no warning of possible death of foals to buyers for frame to frame breeding.
Posted via Mobile Device
xxdanioo and Elizabeth Bowers like this.
Peppy Barrel Racing is offline  
post #15 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
Totally agree Peppy. My favorite part is it's not even like she's breeding champions here. It's not like "Cowpie" and "Shady" are such PHENOMONAL examples of their breed that it *might* be worth the risk. Even better yet, she has like half a dozen OTHER stallions she could breed this mare to that likely don't carry frame. I love how she says "program" like she put intense thought and ambition into breeding a bunch of crappy foals who are ALL for sale now for like $500. We have so many of these "breeders" who provide NO real care for their horses, throw stallions in with groups of mares and then dump the babies for a few hundred bucks because you might actually make some money that way if you never call a vet, never feed anything but ditch hay, and run them in big pastures for summer.
Posted via Mobile Device
MacabreMikolaj is offline  
post #16 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,456
• Horses: 4
Haha "program" that would require thought, research, training, constant learning, and to actually care about her horses and what happens when people buy them. You should send her a link to this post and show her what people think of her "program" I'd like to see her "slander" charge hold up after you provide factual evidence from educated people and what we think of a backyard breeder like her. Two heterozygous horses with any gene gives a 25% chance to produce a homozygous inheritance of the dominant gene, 50% chance the horse will be herterozygous like its parents and 25% of the horse being homozygous recessive it's the plain mathematics of a simple punnet square. This of course being for every breeding not all breedings and this is why frame to frame is 25% lethal. There are plenty of safer ways to produce color I don't understand people's logic poor people who buy from her and god bless the mares and foals she owns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Peppy Barrel Racing; 02-27-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Peppy Barrel Racing is offline  
post #17 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,197
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum View Post
That website made my head hurt. Especially the twins "brag."

Grammar, why hast thou abandoned us?! And thee, punctuation, thou charlatan!
Posted via Mobile Device
I thinkist thou owest thy a new keyboard....

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
post #18 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
I intend to when/if she replies to my responses!
Posted via Mobile Device
MacabreMikolaj is offline  
post #19 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,286
• Horses: 1
I take it you had more self control than I would have and didn't respond to her email with "You think you can sue me for slander over this? Bring it."
verona1016 is offline  
post #20 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The woods in the mountains of Appalachia
Posts: 767
• Horses: 5
Wow, I had done research on OLWS before when I was younger. And now that I have an overo mare, I really understand it.
I like how it changed from just overo to tobiano carry it now and it a possible realated gene to albinoism. Whoever is doing this study really needs to take a few courses on equine genetics and colors. The study was done on only 700 horses, it didn't specify on what kind of horses, maybe they should go to a big name top of the line breeder and do studies and ask questions and look back on the color lineage. Then make an assessment. Just wow....

~Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal.~
Elizabeth Bowers is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lethal white syndrome daisymay Horse Colors and Genetics 4 01-07-2013 09:04 PM
Lethal White Foals Breezy2011 Horse Colors and Genetics 28 12-14-2012 04:04 PM
Lethal White? SarahAnn Horse Health 8 12-09-2011 07:42 AM
What is lethal white? Day Mares Horse Colors and Genetics 34 09-22-2011 07:43 PM
would this breeding cause a lethal white?? sumatimgrl Horse Breeding 15 03-17-2011 07:29 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome