? Regarding buckskin/ Appy genes - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

? Regarding buckskin/ Appy genes

This is a discussion on ? Regarding buckskin/ Appy genes within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Buckskin appy for sale in florida 2014
  • Appaloosa horses for sale in florida

Like Tree25Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-26-2014, 11:07 AM
  #21
Yearling
Here are some fairly light Buckskins with Lp










     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-26-2014, 11:45 AM
  #22
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracielaGata    
Yogi- I would venture to say that it must be because we are like minded. Lol Frequently I get very odd looks for my versions of explanations... it makes complete and perfect sense in my head! Much easier to understand than 'their way.' lol
Those 2 pics are mustangs?! Wow they are beauties! Like you say, it is from fighting, but man those markings are awesome!
And I agree on mustangs... ours is such an awesome horse... not nearly as pretty as those 2 though. But such an excellent heard and mind.
Haha, must be!!

And yes those are mustangs (well I got them from google so no guarantee). I'd love either of them in my backyard!
GracielaGata likes this.
     
    02-26-2014, 11:48 AM
  #23
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
I am not sure that varnish has "corn marks" where old scars are. ND could probably confirm this, she has a lovely varnish mare.
Not sure either, just seems to make sense.

Even my grey, while they don't actually get "corn marks" where he has some slightly worse than the usual bumps and bruises areas they come back dark. Of course, he looks nothing like those roans I posted but the more serious injuries (he is rather accident prone) do not come back white, there is more color. Hence my logic, I think it's something similar to grey.

Interested to see what someone who actually has one thinks.

Also, I've known a few horses where the coat comes back slightly darker even if they aren't roaned/greyed out.
     
    02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
  #24
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogiwick    
Not sure either, just seems to make sense.

Even my grey, while they don't actually get "corn marks" where he has some slightly worse than the usual bumps and bruises areas they come back dark. Of course, he looks nothing like those roans I posted but the more serious injuries (he is rather accident prone) do not come back white, there is more color. Hence my logic, I think it's something similar to grey.

Interested to see what someone who actually has one thinks.

Also, I've known a few horses where the coat comes back slightly darker even if they aren't roaned/greyed out.
I thought it was standard for it to come back darker, then go the correct color by the next shed, for any horse that has a hair removing injury? My mare scraped off about 6x2inches on her chest... back in Nov/Dec.. it is still almost brown/black compared to her normal coat colors.. even seemingly darker than her summer coat! Let me amend that...I sorta assumed for lighter colored horses that was standard.. for a black or dark bay, you probably can't see it... our mustang is a fairly dark bay, and you can't really see a color difference, it is more so a ticking to the hair as it grows in, until the new shed.
     
    02-26-2014, 02:46 PM
  #25
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryst    
Here are some fairly light Buckskins with Lp










Holy cow Tryst, those are beautiful horses! I will take them all except the first one please. Never have been a fan of full body spots.
     
    02-26-2014, 04:27 PM
  #26
Yearling
First and last are minis, not Appies :). But still Lp obviously.
     
    02-26-2014, 04:40 PM
  #27
Green Broke
And then of course there are POAs, Knabstuppers and such as well.
     
    02-26-2014, 07:41 PM
  #28
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogiwick    
and then of course there are POAs, Knabstuppers and such as well.
And QHs *cough*. This guy is a DNA verified, registered AQHA.

NdAppy, stevenson and Yogiwick like this.
     
    02-27-2014, 12:59 AM
  #29
Yearling
I was noticing they weren't full size! And I have seen the debates over the blanketed genetic tested QH! Definitely interesting!
     
    02-28-2014, 12:10 AM
  #30
Trained
Phoenix doesn't have corn marks. Varnish is similare to grey in hat it blankets the color. It's just a blanket with holes in it (the spots it reveals). Varnish does not affect spots already present. It just reveals spots on the previously solid areas.
Yogiwick likes this.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What colour/genes do you see in him? Nokotaheaven Horse Colors and Genetics 5 04-26-2013 10:30 PM
Can a horse pass on appy genes or be an appaloosa without looking like one? Ambomoonu Horse Colors and Genetics 7 04-05-2013 12:49 PM
What genes make what white? MangoRoX87 Horse Colors and Genetics 25 09-07-2012 11:04 PM
Leopard Genes? Eclipse295 Horse Colors and Genetics 11 01-06-2012 08:34 PM
Question about genes Hunterjumper18 Horse Breeding 14 09-06-2010 04:29 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0