Saw an ad about guaranteed colors from a stud? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Colors and Genetics

Saw an ad about guaranteed colors from a stud?

This is a discussion on Saw an ad about guaranteed colors from a stud? within the Horse Colors and Genetics forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree19Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FGRanch    
    My guy can can only throw bays, buckskin and perlino. I know because I had him color tested. I didn't care anyways, I didn't buy him for his color, I don't like buckskins all that much, but one of my mare owners wanted to know.
    Your horse can throw other colors- dun, dunskin, silver bay, silver buckskin, etc.- half the genetic contribution is from the mare, after all. They'll always be some modification of bay, but there are a lot of combinations out there!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
      #12
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    Anyone tell you that you have way to much time on your hands these days?
    I just realized that this post probably didn't come off in the teasing tone I meant it to I'm sorry
         
        01-24-2013, 03:24 PM
      #13
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    Anyone tell you that you have way to much time on your hands these days?
    As a matter of fact... LOL
         
        01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    As a matter of fact... LOL
    It's okay, I seriously have way to much time on my hands even while at work lol

    Which is how I have almost 1000 posts in less then 4 months
         
        01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
      #15
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    It's okay, I seriously have way to much time on my hands even while at work lol

    Which is how I have almost 1000 posts in less then 4 months
    I was going to see what sort of trouble I could stir up on HF, but then I realised if I got banned, I really would have nothing to do with all my time.
    And I'm like this for another six weeks at least.
         
        01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
      #16
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    I was going to see what sort of trouble I could stir up on HF, but then I realised if I got banned, I really would have nothing to do with all my time.
    And I'm like this for another six weeks at least.
    Follow me... i'll teach ya
         
        01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
      #17
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    Follow me... i'll teach ya
    BooYa!
    Look out, HF!
         
        01-24-2013, 04:52 PM
      #18
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    BooYa!
    Look out, HF!
    So where shall we start *looks around for unknowing victims*
         
        01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
      #19
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NBEventer    
    So where shall we start *looks around for unknowing victims*
    Maybe we should get a mod on our side. So we have someone credible when we get up against the jury (PS - Last fight I started was in the barrel racing section, so we'll leave that one...LOL)
         
        01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
      #20
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by verona1016    
    Your horse can throw other colors- dun, dunskin, silver bay, silver buckskin, etc.- half the genetic contribution is from the mare, after all. They'll always be some modification of bay, but there are a lot of combinations out there!

    Yes, sorry. I meant to say with red mares. That is all he was bred to in 2012 for outside mares.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    My new colt by Bliss MF out of TCF Nightlight by Guaranteed Gold TrueColours Horse Breeding 9 06-08-2012 10:30 AM
    Curious about stud & mare colors affecting foal colors horseluver2435 Horse Colors and Genetics 8 08-20-2011 03:25 PM
    Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion at stud TrueColours Horse Breeding 29 12-31-2009 05:55 PM
    Guaranteed Analysis appylover31803 Horse Health 5 12-30-2008 10:09 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0