Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kingston, Ontario
The vet is coming out. The stud was a rescue that was still actively nursing from his mom when we got him. We had him quarantined for a time, and then had the vet and farrier out. He then went in with geldings for a while, but our herd is a mixed one, and our vet recommended we wait until the flies died down until we geld him as he was showing no studly behavior, nor were either of his testicles dropped.
We did not separate them because when put into the herd he had no studly behavior, and tried to nurse from our mares. He was gelded 2 months later at the first sign of attitude, however there was one incident with our lead mare. We now believe her to be pregnant, but are waiting for the vet to confirm.
We are fine if our mare is in foal as we have the means to take care of both our mare, and the foal. I was simply wondering what the most likely colors of the foal would be. Apparently its the luck of the draw!