18 yr. old ASB Broodmare
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

18 yr. old ASB Broodmare

This is a discussion on 18 yr. old ASB Broodmare within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • My 18 yr old saddlebred's back
  • Asb broodmare

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MyBrandy
  • 1 Post By countryryder
  • 1 Post By countryryder

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-01-2013, 05:13 PM
  #1
Yearling
18 yr. old ASB Broodmare

18 yr.old American Saddlebred mare.She's been a broodie all her life,so she's got the sway back and sprung ribs,but anyone see any other glaring faults that I may be missing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1148313_4608909999118_1206463763_n.jpg (98.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 1167891_4608874438229_2106096017_n.jpg (100.8 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 251102_3218905409872_1073474678_n.jpg (96.0 KB, 91 views)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    09-01-2013, 07:04 PM
  #2
Yearling
I can't really tell from these pics. It looks like she has a steep shoulder and slightly sickle hocked. Under muscled. I can't tell more than that though
     
    09-01-2013, 07:23 PM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic    
I can't really tell from these pics. It looks like she has a steep shoulder and slightly sickle hocked. Under muscled. I can't tell more than that though

I know,terrible pics,but it's all the owner sent. I noticed the sickle hocks as well,am still trying to decide if it's the pics or if she really is. No top line what so ever and not much muscle,as you also pointed out,not sure if that's just her or the fact she's never been worked/trained,just raised babies..

Debating whether to take her;the owner's willing to just give her to me as she is not going to be breeding for a few years and doesn't want her just sitting,she has an awesome pedigree,and throws really nice,versatile foals,both purebred and GGs.

Here's her pedigree:Highpoints Ms Right Saddlebred

And a couple more very small pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horsesBug4.jpg (17.1 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg horsesBug5.jpg (12.6 KB, 68 views)
     
    09-01-2013, 08:45 PM
  #4
Weanling
She looks very nice.. but it would really help to have conformation shot.. if the seller is at all serious about selling he should provide those to you... and video on top if you are more than 2 hours drive away.. As to the comment about steep shoulder - that is actually a common trait in ASBs because they are more high knee action. Her back actually is not terrible considering her age and the fact she's been broodmare, I bet her back would become better if she was worked on regular basis... the multiple pregnancies usually take a lot of toll on the mare's back.. I really like her I think she's worth a look.. Are you looking to purchase ? And if yes what would you use her for? ABSs have hearth of gold..
2BigReds and countryryder like this.
     
    09-01-2013, 09:54 PM
  #5
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBrandy    
She looks very nice.. but it would really help to have conformation shot.. if the seller is at all serious about selling he should provide those to you... and video on top if you are more than 2 hours drive away.. As to the comment about steep shoulder - that is actually a common trait in ASBs because they are more high knee action. Her back actually is not terrible considering her age and the fact she's been broodmare, I bet her back would become better if she was worked on regular basis... the multiple pregnancies usually take a lot of toll on the mare's back.. I really like her I think she's worth a look.. Are you looking to purchase ? And if yes what would you use her for? ABSs have hearth of gold..

I asked for confo shots,but this is what I was sent,grr.A pet peeve of mine..I can actually get this mare for nothing;the owner is not breeding right now due to personal issues,so is willing to give her away to a approved breeding home.I would use her mainly for breeding,get a couple nice ASBs or GG foals out of her;she's never been started,but I would be tempted to maybe get her going under saddle just for pleasure riding.I do love the ASBs,they're so much fun,and like you said,hearts of gold.
MyBrandy likes this.
     
    09-01-2013, 09:57 PM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryryder    
I asked for confo shots,but this is what I was sent,grr.A pet peeve of mine..I can actually get this mare for nothing;the owner is not breeding right now due to personal issues,so is willing to give her away to a approved breeding home.I would use her mainly for breeding,get a couple nice ASBs or GG foals out of her;she's never been started,but I would be tempted to maybe get her going under saddle just for pleasure riding.I do love the ASBs,they're so much fun,and like you said,hearts of gold.
I don't know much about ASB pedigrees.. the market for horses is kinda down the tubes right now - would love to see a video of her moving - would be nice to see her ride.. she has a pretty head / expression.. would like to see more of her.. definitely doesn't look her age..
     
    09-01-2013, 11:29 PM
  #7
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBrandy    
I don't know much about ASB pedigrees.. the market for horses is kinda down the tubes right now - would love to see a video of her moving - would be nice to see her ride.. she has a pretty head / expression.. would like to see more of her.. definitely doesn't look her age..

Thankfully,the market for sport horses around here seems to be holding pretty good,and a good pedigree like hers always helps,but we'll have to see when/if that time comes.I may just have to take the drive and go see her in person.Wasn't planning on another horse right now,but don't want to turn down a good deal either. :)
MyBrandy likes this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASB and Endurance? ApolloRider Endurance Riding 3 07-15-2013 10:45 AM
Registered name change, ASB. ApolloRider Horse Talk 2 05-11-2013 02:57 AM
Getting new saddle for my ASB. Stakie Gaited Horses 5 09-30-2012 09:45 PM
ASB owners! All Shook Up Horse Breeds 1 10-17-2011 04:19 AM
ASB and HAHR means? ScoutRacer Horse Breeds 2 08-10-2008 06:15 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0