3 year old APHA filly (pic heavy!) - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

3 year old APHA filly (pic heavy!)

This is a discussion on 3 year old APHA filly (pic heavy!) within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Apha working horse pis
  • 3 year old apha

Like Tree8Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-12-2012, 01:27 PM
  #11
Banned
There is nothing wrong with the way she is being ridden. There are two olds that are perfecting slide stops and lead changes and have a way heavier work load, this mare is nearly 4, buy four years she can do pretty well as much as any 11 year old horse can. She is lacking in the muscle department and has some filling out to do, but like said above better pics would be nice. Keep up the good work, looks like she will a make a good working horse!
Good luck
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-12-2012, 03:05 PM
  #12
Banned
I could have sworn that video was called Bambi is 2 or something like that....am I losing my mind here folks?
     
    02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
  #13
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrams1123    
I could have sworn that video was called Bambi is 2 or something like that....am I losing my mind here folks?

LOL maybe? But it says Bambi is 3.
     
    02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
  #14
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by banman    
there is nothing wrong with the way she is being ridden. There are two olds that are perfecting slide stops and lead changes and have a way heavier work load, this mare is nearly 4, buy four years she can do pretty well as much as any 11 year old horse can. She is lacking in the muscle department and has some filling out to do, but like said above better pics would be nice. Keep up the good work, looks like she will a make a good working horse!
Good luck
I would hate to meet the trainers of those two year olds. They would not have it well with me.

A four year old should not be able to perform like an 11 year old and not have issues later in life.
     
    02-12-2012, 07:44 PM
  #15
Trained
I wouldn't risk riding her hard or sliding her at any age. She is a nice little horse, and sickle hocks will sometimes give you a smoother ride but they will also make her more succeptible to bone spavin.
     
    02-12-2012, 08:07 PM
  #16
Foal
Here's some more photos...I'm honestly not really sold that she is sickle hocked. I could be wrong obviously, but I'll post new pictures when she sheds, right now she's pretty fuzzy but maybe I will change my mind haha.
The first two are from sept/october and the last one was as an *almost* yearling.
     
    02-12-2012, 11:38 PM
  #17
Trained
Either she's seriously camped under on that second pic or she's sickle hocked. It'd be nice to see some good, squared-up side-on pics of her. Her being fuzzy or not isn't going to change the angle of her hocks.
     
    02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
  #18
Foal
I agree; however I want more of a critique than just her hocks.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  #19
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by missnashvilletime    
I agree; however I want more of a critique than just her hocks.
Posted via Mobile Device

You did ... people commented on her shoulder, back, hocks, neck, pasterns, stance and legs ...
sierrams1123 likes this.
     
    02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
  #20
Weanling
Very cute horse, can't critique because I know pretty much nada, but looks like she's a fun horse!
     

Tags
3 year old, apha, filly

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 21 month old APHA reg. bay filly APHAforlife Horses for Sale 1 12-30-2011 09:00 PM
APHA Filly animalartcreations Horse Pictures 1 11-09-2011 05:32 PM
2.5 yr APHA B/W Tobiano filly - SE PA (USA) mysticdragon72 Horses for Sale 0 10-16-2011 09:32 PM
Yearling APHA filly critique please and thank you? TinRoses Horse Riding Critique 9 07-12-2010 10:01 AM
Critique possible buy 2009 APHA filly shermanismybaby3006 Horse Riding Critique 5 07-25-2009 10:36 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0