It's been a serious roller coaster the past few weeks, but I think I have firmly decided to NOT buy Parker, the horse I am free leasing. It will just be better for both of us, even if it breaks my heart to send him back.
I am going to be seeing this gelding sometime next week, if all works out. He is three years old, his sire is the Spotted Draft Horse C&A's Commander and he is out of a Trakehner mare (who is on the owner's property). He has had 90 days professional English training and started over ITTY BITTY jumps (I would not continue that). He would be my future low-level eventing prospect although I have no interest in being very competitive at all. I want a fun horse I can mess with for years to come.
Here are some pictures of him, his owner sent me videos however I am unable to upload them, for some reason:
Also, here is his sire:
C&A’s Commander | C & A Farm Spotted Drafts