4 Year Old Quarter Horse
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

4 Year Old Quarter Horse

This is a discussion on 4 Year Old Quarter Horse within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • 4 year old QH downhill
  • Picture of a 10 year old quarter horse

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Country Gal

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-04-2013, 11:53 AM
  #1
Foal
4 Year Old Quarter Horse

ranger.jpg
Boo Walker likes this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-05-2013, 09:29 AM
  #2
Yearling
Looks very typical of a QH; very muscular and downhill. His pasterns are much more pleasing than most QHs I've seen, but still fairly upright. Certainly looks more halter bred than anything, do you know his pedigree? His muscles are probably a step past what I personally like to see, but sought after in halter classes. I don't see anything glaringly wrong with him.
     
    05-05-2013, 09:51 AM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtInTheDirt    
Looks very typical of a QH; very muscular and downhill. His pasterns are much more pleasing than most QHs I've seen, but still fairly upright. Certainly looks more halter bred than anything, do you know his pedigree? His muscles are probably a step past what I personally like to see, but sought after in halter classes. I don't see anything glaringly wrong with him.
His breedings are open range and not too shabby Abby
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
  #4
Started
He is very handsome! In your avatar pic he looks more downhill, and a little narrow. I really like his wither and topline. He looks to be in excellent condition!

Nancy
     
    05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  #5
Started
Nice I like him,well balance boy. You have him in good condition Don't think he is very downhill,he is standing downhill incline in pic. He has a nice topline,decent legs,good head & neck that tie in nicely plus nice amount of muscling. Will make a nice all-rounder..
     
    05-05-2013, 04:34 PM
  #6
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentree    
He is very handsome! In your avatar pic he looks more downhill, and a little narrow. I really like his wither and topline. He looks to be in excellent condition!

Yea last year which is the avatar picture he was really downhill but he has grown since and seems to be looking better!

Nancy
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-06-2013, 08:36 AM
  #7
Green Broke
He is better than most Quarterhorses being brought into the halter ring. He has some faults common to that part of the industry. These are small feet and very light bone below the knees and hocks along with somewhat upright pasterns (but not straight.. which I have seen) and a down hill build.

The issue this horse may have is keeping those light boned legs sound if he is used hard.. as he is very body heavy for his bone.

He is very nicely turned out and it is clear you are very proud of your horse and like him a lot. That is what it is all about really. I assume he is a gelding and I think he is a very nice gelding.
     
    05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elana    
He is better than most Quarterhorses being brought into the halter ring. He has some faults common to that part of the industry. These are small feet and very light bone below the knees and hocks along with somewhat upright pasterns (but not straight.. which I have seen) and a down hill build.

The issue this horse may have is keeping those light boned legs sound if he is used hard.. as he is very body heavy for his bone.

He is very nicely turned out and it is clear you are very proud of your horse and like him a lot. That is what it is all about really. I assume he is a gelding and I think he is a very nice gelding.
Yes he is a gelding, and yes I am very proud of him.

Thanx
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  #9
Foal
He looks pretty good.... Typical halter QH. He does look a little downhill and sickle hocked, but other than that, he looks good.
     
    05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
  #10
Foal
The most glaring fault is teeny tiny feet that look very light boned for such a heavy body. He is a bit down hill with a long back as well. Everything else looks good and he looks like he's in great condition. However, I still don't think I would trust him to stay sound under heavy work.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 Year Old Quarter Horse Filly mystykat Horse Conformation Critique 12 11-11-2012 07:22 PM
3 year old Quarter Horse ChristianCanters Horse Training 8 10-23-2012 06:45 AM
Training a two year old quarter horse Customcanines Horse Training 21 06-20-2012 10:40 AM
7 Year old Quarter Horse gelding... IllComeALopin Horse Riding Critique 5 04-06-2010 01:55 PM
3 year old Quarter Horse browneyedcowgirl13 Horse Riding Critique 10 06-10-2008 10:34 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0