Adopting a foal - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Adopting a foal

This is a discussion on Adopting a foal within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

Like Tree16Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-15-2013, 07:33 PM
  #21
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon    
Hm...that seems...odd...
What makes you say that?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    02-15-2013, 07:39 PM
  #22
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalter    
What makes you say that?
I'm a native Californian who has only ever dated Mexicans. I do know that Mexicans can be racist (hell, one of their biggies is Mexicans who look really "Indian"), but outside of Junior High, I have never seen/experienced those of Mexican heritage specifically stealing from or excluding someone because they AREN'T mexican.

Which is to say, that maybe that part isn't a factor. Or maybe it's your behavior causing them to seem more "tight knit" if you're putting off some sort of vibe. I've experienced a LOT of racism, I'm just hesitant to peg this as a race thing.

Oh and thieves are thieves, no matter the flavor.
     
    02-15-2013, 07:44 PM
  #23
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon    
I'm a native Californian who has only ever dated Mexicans. I do know that Mexicans can be racist (hell, one of their biggies is Mexicans who look really "Indian"), but outside of Junior High, I have never seen/experienced those of Mexican heritage specifically stealing from or excluding someone because they AREN'T mexican.

Which is to say, that maybe that part isn't a factor. Or maybe it's your behavior causing them to seem more "tight knit" if you're putting off some sort of vibe. I've experienced a LOT of racism, I'm just hesitant to peg this as a race thing.

Oh and thieves are thieves, no matter the flavor.
I mean no racism from that. Some of my best friends are Mexican. In this town it is about 80% Hispanic, and its a small town. Like any small town, if you weren't born in it, you are an outsider. To add to that, if you are white, your life in this town really sucks. Same thing goes on at the stables. I was the only white girl there, and I was the only one who had significant problems.
     
    02-15-2013, 07:47 PM
  #24
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalter    
I mean no racism from that. Some of my best friends are Mexican. In this town it is about 80% Hispanic, and its a small town. Like any small town, if you weren't born in it, you are an outsider. To add to that, if you are white, your life in this town really sucks. Same thing goes on at the stables. I was the only white girl there, and I was the only one who had significant problems.
Do you speak Spanish? My HS boyfriend's aunt by marriage was a blond woman with blue eyes. She was more "mexican" than most Mexicans ;)
Anyway, my point by that is she completely and utterly fit in. Have you considered that you may have inadvertently pissed someone off?

Yeah, I don't think I could ever do a small town xD
This town where I am is too small for me as it is, and it's technically a "city"!
     
    02-15-2013, 08:01 PM
  #25
Green Broke
Jalter, regardless of anything else, you've asked for advice on getting this foal, and it seems to me there's a unanimous "Yes!!!" Especially after learning (paragraph 3) of the horrible treatment he's suffering. He's a sweet, beautiful boy, and if you become his owner now, there's an instant up-grade in his life. Stay on top of things as your planned move approaches, and be organized. It would be so wonderful for this little guy to have a good loving owner, and I hope it will happen very soon!! Your instincts were to come to the forum for advice, and I think deep down you wouldn't have done so if you didn't know you should take him.... Good luck, and Godspeed! :)
     
    02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
  #26
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon    
Do you speak Spanish? My HS boyfriend's aunt by marriage was a blond woman with blue eyes. She was more "mexican" than most Mexicans ;)
Anyway, my point by that is she completely and utterly fit in. Have you considered that you may have inadvertently pissed someone off?

Yeah, I don't think I could ever do a small town xD
This town where I am is too small for me as it is, and it's technically a "city"!
Its a possibility that I pissed soneone off, but really, I'm sure I didnt until after I sold my horse, so it had nothing to do with retaliatio. And thank you everyone for the good advice. My boyfriend is supportive of me taking the colt as well. I'm still thinking, but leaning towards a yes.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
  #27
Green Broke
So happy to hear, and I hope it all works out - he looks like such a sweet boy, and my heart just goes out to him knowing of his treatment there. You'll be just the loving owner he needs :)
     
    02-16-2013, 06:03 PM
  #28
Weanling
I found one of my posts from a long time ago, worrying about the same foal. I completely forgot about this xD
Getting a new horse - At the same nightmare of a boarding center
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adopting Vs. Buying MissColors Horse Talk 124 12-27-2012 07:04 PM
maybe adopting? EnglishGirl144 Horse Conformation Critique 6 01-31-2012 01:36 PM
Adopting! BluMagic General Off Topic Discussion 16 07-31-2008 05:41 PM
Adopting Lizzy .... Dumas'_Grrrl Horse Riding Critique 6 05-30-2008 11:16 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0