Anglo Arab potential purchase
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Anglo Arab potential purchase

This is a discussion on Anglo Arab potential purchase within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Anglo arab conformation

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-15-2013, 07:05 PM
  #1
Foal
Anglo Arab potential purchase

Hey all, I know these pics aren't the greatest but I wanted to see what you all thought about this horse. He is not in consistent riding shape and is used as a trail horse. He is a sweetheart and his temperment is wonderful, but conformation-wise I want to make sure I won't run into problems down the road. Thanks so much!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo3.jpg (45.4 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (48.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (18.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled2.jpg (20.4 KB, 129 views)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-15-2013, 07:33 PM
  #2
Foal
Also (slightly off topic) what can I do to improve his topline aside from lots of hill work?
     
    07-15-2013, 07:34 PM
  #3
Yearling
How old is this horse? Can you get better photos? She is standing funky in the first photo throwing off her angles.
     
    07-15-2013, 07:36 PM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryst    
How old is this horse? Can you get better photos? She is standing funky in the first photo throwing off her angles.
I can, but it will take several days at the least. He's 13. I know, they're not good pics but they're what I have.
     
    07-15-2013, 07:37 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryst    
How old is this horse? Can you get better photos? She is standing funky in the first photo throwing off her angles.
Sorry, I forgot I had this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 942249_608391079185818_261283813_n.jpg (71.4 KB, 121 views)
     
    07-15-2013, 07:46 PM
  #6
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlette    
Also (slightly off topic) what can I do to improve his topline aside from lots of hill work?
I bet that with consistent work, his back will start looking a whole lot better.
The other thing I see is that the saddle he's wearing in those pictures appears to be too narrow and would certainly hinder topline development.
So if you were able to find a well fitting saddle [my Arab is a hard fit too - the angle of semi-QH bars is right...but it's too narrow, FQHB is the wrong angle...with the right width, and Arab is the right angles...but the wrong width! Haha] I bet his topline would start looking pretty good.

I really like his hind end angles as well! He doesn't have the most chunky butt out there, but the angles are almost correct = great for him to have an easy time "working from behind" and using his hind end for propulsion.
     
    07-15-2013, 07:54 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby    
I bet that with consistent work, his back will start looking a whole lot better.
The other thing I see is that the saddle he's wearing in those pictures appears to be too narrow and would certainly hinder topline development.
So if you were able to find a well fitting saddle [my Arab is a hard fit too - the angle of semi-QH bars is right...but it's too narrow, FQHB is the wrong angle...with the right width, and Arab is the right angles...but the wrong width! Haha] I bet his topline would start looking pretty good.

I really like his hind end angles as well! He doesn't have the most chunky butt out there, but the angles are almost correct = great for him to have an easy time "working from behind" and using his hind end for propulsion.
Thanks! Yeah, it was a bit narrow but I'm tiny and so his owners gave me that saddle to try him in. The saddle comes with his purchase but I'm primarily an English rider and will probably be doing some lunging/round pen work before I ride him consistently under saddle anyway.

Good to hear about his hind end! He uses his forehand too much for my liking so you can bet I'll be working on propulsion from the hind.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Anglo-Arab foal! ridingadventures Horse Pictures 4 06-20-2013 04:20 PM
my anglo arab. always wounder about his con. greenbryerfarms Horse Conformation Critique 4 04-28-2012 10:49 AM
Anglo Arab (pictures!) speedy da fish Horse Breeds 2 04-25-2010 05:22 AM
Impossible to Keep Anglo Arab Liv Horse Health 4 12-07-2008 02:14 AM
Arab's (Cross, Anglo, Full) my-baby-shah Horse Breeds 50 05-08-2007 12:53 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0