APHA Gelding Conformation Critique?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

APHA Gelding Conformation Critique?

This is a discussion on APHA Gelding Conformation Critique? within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
  #1
Yearling
APHA Gelding Conformation Critique?






     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-05-2013, 04:17 PM
  #2
Yearling
Would he be ok for some light barrel racing? He's a long yearling. Im not riding him yet but I would like to in the future.
     
    01-05-2013, 10:03 PM
  #3
Green Broke
Hard to judge at this age, but from what I can see from his bone structure, he has a decent shoulder on him
Holds his head low and it needs muscle but that should come with time
Front legs look OK, but again, hard to really tell until he is a bit older
Possibly slightly cowhocked and his one front hoof appears to toe out in that first photo.
As far as ability goes, nothing terribe is standing out to me but it comes down to more than physical build as to whether the horse will excel at a particular sport or not.
     
    01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
  #4
Weanling
He looks a bit pigeon-toed, but that could be both the ground and his age. They are impossible to get good confo shots at that age! Haha
His neck is small, but he should fill out more as he gets weight and muscle with age.
     
    01-06-2013, 01:28 AM
  #5
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneyWaney9    
He looks a bit pigeon-toed, but that could be both the ground and his age. They are impossible to get good confo shots at that age! Haha
His neck is small, but he should fill out more as he gets weight and muscle with age.
Thanks but I thought a horse has pigeon toes when the toes point inward?
(I googled this pic- its not mine.)
     
    01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilruffian    
Hard to judge at this age, but from what I can see from his bone structure, he has a decent shoulder on him
Holds his head low and it needs muscle but that should come with time
Front legs look OK, but again, hard to really tell until he is a bit older
Possibly slightly cowhocked and his one front hoof appears to toe out in that first photo.
As far as ability goes, nothing terribe is standing out to me but it comes down to more than physical build as to whether the horse will excel at a particular sport or not.
Isnt his shoulder a bit straight/upright?(thats what someone on here told me.)
     
    01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
  #7
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl13    
Thanks but I thought a horse has pigeon toes when the toes point inward?
Oh, yep. My bad. I meant splay-footed.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
APHA Red Dun Overo Conformation Critique AgilityGal1995 Horse Conformation Critique 10 08-23-2012 04:59 PM
Would like conformation critique on my APHA filly and Saddlebred gelding MyBrandy Horse Conformation Critique 13 08-20-2012 07:44 PM
Conformation/Critique of my 5yr old APHA mare? sensationalreflection Horse Riding Critique 4 10-04-2010 01:18 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0