Critique Jackpot the Dunskin
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Critique Jackpot the Dunskin

This is a discussion on Critique Jackpot the Dunskin within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree3Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-07-2013, 09:33 PM
      #1
    Started
    Critique Jackpot the Dunskin

    So Jackpot just turned one year old. He is 13.5 hands and I assume he is QH he came from an auction so I have no background on his breeding. Hopefully he may make a nice barrel horse but that's a few years away. I know babies change but I was curious what you guys think so far. I didn't take any leg pics since baby legs are squirrelly. And ignore the feet I know he needs a trim, the farrier is coming this week.




    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-07-2013, 10:09 PM
      #2
    Foal
    Holy pasterns batman! Lol He is soooo hansom! He's still got some growing but right now he looks pretty even. Lil down hill and a lil over at the knee but that may change. Hope this help a lil bit.
         
        04-08-2013, 02:43 AM
      #3
    Foal
    HE IS SOOO CUTE!!! Lots of growing left to do to do a full 100% critique though.
         
        04-08-2013, 02:48 AM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Looks like he will be a nice horse when he is done growing.
         
        04-08-2013, 02:51 AM
      #5
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Horserunner    
    Holy pasterns batman! Lol He is soooo hansom! He's still got some growing but right now he looks pretty even. Lil down hill and a lil over at the knee but that may change. Hope this help a lil bit.
    His pasterns aren't really that long I think having too much toe on his front hooves is giving that impression in the picture though. Here's him during the last summer they look much more normal here.

    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-08-2013, 02:51 AM
      #6
    Green Broke
    He looks well balanced overall. He really needs a hoof trim, though. Looks like underrun heels are putting A LOT of tension on his tendons. I have been going through the same thing with Henny. He had a lot of hoof problems and he's almost 100% now. If I were to do anything with that colt, it'd be to fix his feet quick before some damage is done.
         
        04-08-2013, 02:56 AM
      #7
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kayella    
    He looks well balanced overall. He really needs a hoof trim, though. Looks like underrun heels are putting A LOT of tension on his tendons. I have been going through the same thing with Henny. He had a lot of hoof problems and he's almost 100% now. If I were to do anything with that colt, it'd be to fix his feet quick before some damage is done.
    Agreed they need some trimming ASAP farrier is coming Wednesday. I hadn't realized they had gotten that long till I went and picked them up to move them to new pasture. It feels like they grew so fast. He'll be much more comfortable in a few days.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-08-2013, 03:04 AM
      #8
    Green Broke
    That's good news :) I feel the same way about their feet growing so fast. I was so overwhelmed with Henny's accident that he didn't get his feet trimmed in 6 weeks. May not sound like a long time, but he's currently on a 2/3 week trimming schedule right now. He's grown almost half a hoof in 2 1/2 months! The farrier can't believe it. I can't believe it! His feet are looking 100 times better now though and he gets professional eyes on him twice a month by the farrier and once a month by my two vets when he goes in for acupuncture.

    He really is looking good, though. His pasterns actually look great besides being pulled back. Young horses always tend to have "long" pasterns and they grow into them as their hoof and legs grow.
         
        04-08-2013, 03:22 AM
      #9
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kayella    
    That's good news :) I feel the same way about their feet growing so fast. I was so overwhelmed with Henny's accident that he didn't get his feet trimmed in 6 weeks. May not sound like a long time, but he's currently on a 2/3 week trimming schedule right now. He's grown almost half a hoof in 2 1/2 months! The farrier can't believe it. I can't believe it! His feet are looking 100 times better now though and he gets professional eyes on him twice a month by the farrier and once a month by my two vets when he goes in for acupuncture.

    He really is looking good, though. His pasterns actually look great besides being pulled back. Young horses always tend to have "long" pasterns and they grow into them as their hoof and legs grow.
    I'm glad to hear henny is doing a lot better. Yeah I know he doesn't have actual long pasterns he will grow into them they ought to be just right not too short or too long from the looks of them. I've seen enough babies over the years so I can guesstimate about how they will turn out. But those hooves it seems like they grew out of no where I wonder if he will be like my mare I have to trim every 4 weeks. I had JP's and Jet's hooves trimmed like 2 month ago and jets are like perfect still but JP's have some serious toe. He has worn the sides and some of his heel down and that toe has just been really growing from the looks of it. But speaking of growing he has been growing like a weed I don't think I've ever had such a large yearling colt besides Pepper. JP is 13.5 HH and he just turned a year this month I'm thinking he's going to be a big boy. Pepper was tall like that at his age and he's 16HH so I imagine JP will be about the same. He's almost as big as Jet who is 14 HH and 20 months. When I first bought JP I asked they lady if she was sure he was six months cause he was so big but the teeth confirmed he was 6-8 months. I can't wait for him to grow but I enjoy the baby years at the same time.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-08-2013, 03:46 AM
      #10
    Green Broke
    Thank you :) Glad to have my boy healthy and "normal."

    Have you string tested him? Henny's around 13.2 right now and he strung to be 15 hands even. I want him to fall just a couple inches short of that though cause I like 'em short.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Squiggy's 2nd Jackpot! QHriderKE Barrel Racing 9 01-07-2013 04:11 PM
    Red imploded on his first trip to a jackpot **ouch** beau159 Barrel Racing 10 07-28-2012 03:07 PM
    Selena at the Jackpot/Gymkhana SorrelHorse Barrel Racing 10 07-26-2012 07:33 AM
    Dunskin? Mdawn Horse Colors and Genetics 7 12-06-2011 11:36 PM
    i think i hit the jackpot!! lilkitty90 Horse Tack and Equipment 26 01-30-2011 07:39 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0