Critique my 10 year old Qh
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Critique my 10 year old Qh

This is a discussion on Critique my 10 year old Qh within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree7Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-03-2013, 10:35 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    Critique my 10 year old Qh

    I got my gelding last year and have mostly done trails and a little ropin off of him. Guy I got him from said he was a excellent heel horse. Anyways what do you guys think?
















    More pics can be supplied if needed!
    LeynaProof likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-03-2013, 10:36 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    Also he is a shorty, lol he is 14.2 put a tape on him today!
         
        02-04-2013, 12:49 AM
      #3
    Foal
    He's definitely cute and love his butt! He is a bit short in the neck and straight in the shoulder and in some of the pics looks like he turns out a little but I still think he is a real cutie.
         
        02-04-2013, 01:26 AM
      #4
    Foal
    Agreed ^. Wish his back was a little longer too.


    But it's your baby and love him to death
         
        02-04-2013, 08:02 AM
      #5
    Green Broke
    My only real negative comment is the over straight hind leg.. very very straight through the hock. He looks very quick and solid other wise. Very tough looking horse.
    Wallee likes this.
         
        02-04-2013, 09:15 AM
      #6
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elana    
    My only real negative comment is the over straight hind leg.. very very straight through the hock. He looks very quick and solid other wise. Very tough looking horse.
    He is very very quick! I think he is a little short backed but he has a nice trot. His lope is a little bouncy and I think it has something to do with that short back.
    Elana likes this.
         
        02-04-2013, 11:31 AM
      #7
    Foal
    I think his neck is a little short too, but not bad. He is a cutie! Baby got back in that butt picture!! Haha!!
         
        02-04-2013, 12:02 PM
      #8
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wallee    
    He is very very quick! I think he is a little short backed but he has a nice trot. His lope is a little bouncy and I think it has something to do with that short back.
    Rather a handy and quick horse that can work than a super smooth horse that takes a lot to train to balance. Love that this horse did heeling.

    Looks like a ranch horse.. like a horse you would be proud to ride all day trailing cattle.
    Wallee and LeynaProof like this.
         
        02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
      #9
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elana    
    Rather a handy and quick horse that can work than a super smooth horse that takes a lot to train to balance. Love that this horse did heeling.

    Looks like a ranch horse.. like a horse you would be proud to ride all day trailing cattle.
    Thanks! We use him to doctor the calves and he will let you work gates off him! Best part is I purchased him a year ago for 350 and I only have had to refine his training cause it was all there and ready when I got him!
    Elana and Critter sitter like this.
         
        02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
      #10
    Started
    Hes nice looking gelding
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Critique my three-year old? Spellcheck Horse Conformation Critique 3 09-15-2012 05:55 PM
    Critique my riding: last year vs this year mac007 Horse Riding Critique 6 11-18-2011 07:16 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0