Critique my new QH Prince Bandit/Bandit!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Critique my new QH Prince Bandit/Bandit!

This is a discussion on Critique my new QH Prince Bandit/Bandit! within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree11Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-04-2014, 09:04 PM
      #1
    Foal
    Critique my new QH Prince Bandit/Bandit!

    This isn't the best picture, but I would like to know what you think of him so far. He still has weight to gain, because the seller had rescued him from a kill pen. Any info would be great thank you so much!!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 1531645_469080236552699_1960520376_n.jpg (8.9 KB, 229 views)
    File Type: jpg 1979703_815448675135207_1269381570_n.jpg (36.8 KB, 225 views)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-05-2014, 01:41 AM
      #2
    Foal
    Congrats on rescuing him!

    Nice shoulder, nice front legs. His front hooves could use a trim. I can't tell from that picture if his neck is ewed or undermuscled. His withers are huge... have fun saddle fitting

    Other than his hip being small and overall a weak looking hind end, I'm not going to critique his hind legs as the picture doesn't do him any favours in that area.
    stevenson likes this.
         
        04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
      #3
    Foal
    Thank you he still needs to gain some weigh so he's not even as big and wide as he will be! He is gaining more muscle mass the more I work him! I will set him up tomorrow and get pictures from all views! I actually put my saddle on him today and even with his weight down it was still tight!
    bchappy likes this.
         
        04-07-2014, 07:23 PM
      #4
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bandit4flea4leah    
    Thank you he still needs to gain some weigh so he's not even as big and wide as he will be! He is gaining more muscle mass the more I work him! I will set him up tomorrow and get pictures from all views! I actually put my saddle on him today and even with his weight down it was still tight!
    Also forgot to mention getting his hooves done soon like really soon!!
         
        04-07-2014, 07:28 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Still not the best but just a couple more!!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 10168053_817076724972402_963322185_n.jpg (48.8 KB, 156 views)
    File Type: jpg 10250182_470514656409257_1237805754_n.jpg (20.3 KB, 156 views)
         
        04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
      #6
    Green Broke
    He's real cute (: Subbing to see what others have to say.
    Bandit4flea4leah likes this.
         
        04-07-2014, 08:58 PM
      #7
    Foal
    Thank you he's really loveable!!!!!
         
        04-08-2014, 07:21 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bandit4flea4leah    
    This isn't the best picture, but I would like to know what you think of him so far. He still has weight to gain, because the seller had rescued him from a kill pen. Any info would be great thank you so much!!
    Bless you for giving him a home! How someone could send him to a kill pen is beyond me.

    Yep he needs weight and muscle but you are doing good by him in that aspect. As for conformation, he's a little bit long in the loin that leads into a shallow hip, but muscle and weight can help the hip. He's slightly downhill, but DOES have a really nice hock set and his cannons are the same length all the way around...LOVE that! He has a wonderful deep heartgirth, he's not ewe necked...just had no topline muscle from his poll to his croup. I would like to see a better side shot with his head straight because his neck is still and unknown as to length and where it ties in on his chest. He REALLY has some great solid bone....LOVE that too, and the length and angle of his pasterns. He looks a little bit race bred but also some performance breeding...would LOVE to know what his bloodlines are!

    Anyway, I think you have a keeper here!
    Corporal and livelyblueyes like this.
         
        04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GotaDunQH    
    Bless you for giving him a home! How someone could send him to a kill pen is beyond me.

    Yep he needs weight and muscle but you are doing good by him in that aspect. As for conformation, he's a little bit long in the loin that leads into a shallow hip, but muscle and weight can help the hip. He's slightly downhill, but DOES have a really nice hock set and his cannons are the same length all the way around...LOVE that! He has a wonderful deep heartgirth, he's not ewe necked...just had no topline muscle from his poll to his croup. I would like to see a better side shot with his head straight because his neck is still and unknown as to length and where it ties in on his chest. He REALLY has some great solid bone....LOVE that too, and the length and angle of his pasterns. He looks a little bit race bred but also some performance breeding...would LOVE to know what his bloodlines are!

    Anyway, I think you have a keeper here!
    Thank you so much he is building muscle little by little each day and is gaining weight pretty well!
         
        04-08-2014, 08:30 PM
      #10
    Foal
    Here are some more he wouldn't square up and stand cause it was feeding time.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Bandit.jpg (25.7 KB, 98 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit10.jpg (34.1 KB, 95 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit11.jpg (31.9 KB, 94 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit12.jpg (38.0 KB, 93 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit13.jpg (38.7 KB, 94 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit2.jpg (25.7 KB, 93 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit3.jpg (26.2 KB, 97 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit4.jpg (25.4 KB, 94 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit5.jpg (56.4 KB, 96 views)
    File Type: jpg Bandit6.jpg (25.7 KB, 97 views)
    Corporal likes this.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    who is this carrot bandit? danny67 Horse Talk 1 02-04-2014 01:15 PM
    Just a few pics of my Bandit Maple Horse Pictures 9 01-14-2012 05:53 PM
    Carrot Bandit!! MovingOn General Off Topic Discussion 3 04-07-2009 02:50 AM
    Critique Bandit Please!! randiekay215 Horse Riding Critique 11 03-27-2009 04:09 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0