Critique Trouble my new TB
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Critique Trouble my new TB

This is a discussion on Critique Trouble my new TB within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Splay footed horse

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-24-2012, 12:21 AM
  #1
Started
Critique Trouble my new TB

My new horse trouble he is 3 years old so I know that he is still growing. But I'm curious about what you think of him. I don't have perfect squared up shots I'll get some tomorrow. He is 15hh he is definitely TB but we suspect that he is part QH so I've been calling him appendix for now. Any opinions does he appear Quarter horsey to anyone else? His weight is a little weird at the moment he is recovering from strangles plus he was wormy he is putting on weight again and I'm working on muscling him up currently. Plans for barrel racing if that doesn't work I think he would be a nice head horse for roping.

Not sure why but his back looks weird in this pic





Sorry bad feet pic
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-24-2012, 12:53 AM
  #2
Yearling
He's adorable! How tall is he?
I'm not an expert, but here's what I see-
He looks to have long pasterns and I believe he's splay footed. He has nice short canon bones, a short croup with a large hip and a long back. His shoulder looks nice to me, well sloped and laid back and he has a shallow girth. For some reason, his feet look like they splay out all over the place to me... I think he's still growing into those long legs of his, lol, he looks like he doesn't quite know where to place them... I love his face, he looks like a sweetheart to work with! Good luck with him!
     
    06-24-2012, 01:08 AM
  #3
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by soenjer55    
He's adorable! How tall is he?
I'm not an expert, but here's what I see-
He looks to have long pasterns and I believe he's splay footed. He has nice short canon bones, a short croup with a large hip and a long back. His shoulder looks nice to me, well sloped and laid back and he has a shallow girth. For some reason, his feet look like they splay out all over the place to me... I think he's still growing into those long legs of his, lol, he looks like he doesn't quite know where to place them... I love his face, he looks like a sweetheart to work with! Good luck with him!
Yeah I think he is in a bit of an awkward phase. Gotta love the weird stages of growth as they get older. He is 15 hand exactly and he just turned 3. I think my favorite thing about him beside how sweet and laid back he is would be his baby face.
P.S. I think his feet are a little weird also is because he wasn't recieving regular trimmings as far as hoof care. Farrier has to do some shaping up on he hooves.
soenjer55 likes this.
     
    06-24-2012, 01:17 AM
  #4
Yearling
He looks like he's going to mature to be a nice tall boy- I wouldn't be surprised if he was full tb, he definitely looks like it to me!
     
    06-24-2012, 01:23 AM
  #5
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by soenjer55    
He looks like he's going to mature to be a nice tall boy- I wouldn't be surprised if he was full tb, he definitely looks like it to me!
Mother for sure was full TB and daddy is either full TB or a running bred QH. His former owner was not sure of the which sire. The former owner bought him as a race horse prospect but was scammed by a "friend" and given false papers. She paid $1500 for him as a 6 month old. But that guy owned two studs so she wasn't sure who the sire was. But she new the dam's background and racing history.
     
    06-24-2012, 07:05 AM
  #6
Weanling
I love the baby face! And his eye is very gentle, although he looks like he suits the name Trouble haha

His feet are everywhere but he'll probably grow out of that in time. His leg and back confo is pretty good. Perhaps a little skinny shouldered, but all tbs are and he should bulk out soon. His neck looks a bit long, but as he develops muscles this effect will be reduced. He looks full tb to me.

Oh and I'm loving the white pasturn with the black ermine (sp?) marks!
     
    06-24-2012, 11:51 AM
  #7
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByAlli    
I love the baby face! And his eye is very gentle, although he looks like he suits the name Trouble haha

His feet are everywhere but he'll probably grow out of that in time. His leg and back confo is pretty good. Perhaps a little skinny shouldered, but all tbs are and he should bulk out soon. His neck looks a bit long, but as he develops muscles this effect will be reduced. He looks full tb to me.

Oh and I'm loving the white pasturn with the black ermine (sp?) marks!
Yeah he is definitely in a bit of an awkward stage I think he will be very nice when he matures and starts to fill out. I like his corner mark too with the ermine spots he also has a cute lil star on his head.
     
    06-24-2012, 11:56 AM
  #8
Started
Also it's funny in pics his neck looks long but in person it doesn't. I think it looks longer than it is because he loves to hold his head up high.
     
    06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
  #9
pmr
Foal
What a cutie! He is very young and will grow, with good nutrition possibly mature out at 15.3. Needs to be started slow short rides to allow the muscles to build up. Nice long pasterns = smooth ride. Looks very calm. My 8th TB adopted from the race track after a successful 5 yr run. Has taken 2 yrs to finally get his mind to listen to me and work. Good Luck.
     
    06-24-2012, 01:55 PM
  #10
Yearling
He stands under himself a bit as well. Love love loooove his color and his head!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having Trouble Beau Baby Horses for Sale 4 02-02-2010 07:40 PM
You're Inviting Trouble (critique?) BluMagic Horse Riding Critique 38 04-09-2009 12:37 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0