IMO......Critiquing - Page 17
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

IMO......Critiquing

This is a discussion on IMO......Critiquing within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Imo horse bit

Like Tree476Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-16-2012, 01:31 PM
  #161
Weanling
I guess ill start digging :)
smrobs and DrumRunner like this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
  #162
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumRunner    




You're kidding right?? You're the one who started this whole thread bashing other horses..Sorry but you need to check the dictionary..
Let me google that for you

Sorry but I find it hard to believe you don't have any pictures of your amazing, winning, and extremely fit halter horses.

You can post all you want.

But that doesn't make it right.

It's just your opinion.

But please.

Keep telling us how we're wrong.

It hurts my feelings so much.

Someone that used to own and show "fit" halter horses.

Laugh.



Yes..very much so..
The title of the thread is "IMO".

As for you not believing me.....

I will just cry in my pillow tonight.
     
    05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
  #163
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper    
The title of the thread is "IMO".

As for you not believing me.....

I will just cry in my pillow tonight.
It may have started "IMO" but now you're telling people they are wrong..Um, do I need to Google that for you too?

You may need a pillow or two.

A box of Kleenex just to be safe.
     
    05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
  #164
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
Truthfully, it doesn't surprise me one bit that all she mentions is "fitting" the horse. After all, conformation has zero bearing on whether the horse wins, it's all about the bulk and the "pretty head". So, it is not such a surprise that she can't seem to offer much by way of an actual conformation critique.

I must say, this is the funniest thread I have read in quite some time. Does the OP remind anyone else of a certain arachnid that shall remain nameless? The consistent spouting of "I've won all these things, blah, blah, blah" with absolutely zero proof to back it up .

Pictures from the '70s are really not that difficult to get, you know...

This picture was just a hair older, taken in '82



This picture was taken in '78 when this mare set Appaloosa history.


Taken in '79


Taken in '80



Maybe it's just me, but considering that these pictures really aren't that big of a deal to my Dad (who trained/showed all these horses) and yet they are still readily available, I find it really hard to believe that someone who makes such a huge stink about how amazing she was has absolutely zero pictures of anything from that time.....
I said I did not have them on my PC.
     
    05-16-2012, 01:46 PM
  #165
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumRunner    
It may have started "IMO" but now you're telling people they are wrong..Um, do I need to Google that for you too?

You may need a pillow or two.

A box of Kleenex just to be safe.
Where??
     
    05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
  #166
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by katbalu    
hooves under hips. Kinda. Tails in the way
Not a bad looking little horse. Hard to get an accurate critique on his head/neck due to it being turned in this picture and on the alert in your other one. Neck appears just a bit on the short side but may look better when he has his head level. Shoulder angle is good, front legs are nice and straight with good pastern angle. Perhaps a bit light on bone but not terrible. Back is nice and short, but it's a bit too angled downhill.

Hind end: He has a very steep croup and he is fairly straight through his hip and stifle giving him a fairly pronounced goose rump. His hocks look good from what I can see, they appear to have good angle to them and they line up well, good pastern angle on the back.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't do decently well at lower level shows. The biggest thing is that you'll have to use your abilities to make up for his shortcomings. Make sure that he'll stand up square without you having to fiddle with him for a long time. Make sure that he'll walk and trot up nicely at your shoulder with no resistance, etc.

I would start riding/working him a bit more to try to get rid of that belly, but other than that, he looks good.





That, Ripper, is how you do a critique .
     
    05-16-2012, 01:49 PM
  #167
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
Not a bad looking little horse. Hard to get an accurate critique on his head/neck due to it being turned in this picture and on the alert in your other one. Neck appears just a bit on the short side but may look better when he has his head level. Shoulder angle is good, front legs are nice and straight with good pastern angle. Perhaps a bit light on bone but not terrible. Back is nice and short, but it's a bit too angled downhill.

Hind end: He has a very steep croup and he is fairly straight through his hip and stifle giving him a fairly pronounced goose rump. His hocks look good from what I can see, they appear to have good angle to them and they line up well, good pastern angle on the back.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't do decently well at lower level shows. The biggest thing is that you'll have to use your abilities to make up for his shortcomings. Make sure that he'll stand up square without you having to fiddle with him for a long time. Make sure that he'll walk and trot up nicely at your shoulder with no resistance, etc.

I would start riding/working him a bit more to try to get rid of that belly, but other than that, he looks good.





That, Ripper, is how you do a critique .
Yep...you said get him fit and stand him better......that is what I said.
     
    05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
  #168
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper    
Yep...you said get him fit and stand him better......that is what I said.
Quick question – what qualifies you to be such a "halter" guru? I'm a wee bit lost in that regard, and haven't seen or heard anything to validate your, er, superior advice.
     
    05-16-2012, 02:10 PM
  #169
Showing
I think this thread has ran it's course, there is nothing that's going to be gained here. With that, I'm closing this one.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Drawings Need Critiquing! EmilyAndBalthamos Horse Artwork 2 02-13-2011 09:32 PM
New member--Need critiquing help with possible purchase! lovestruck Horse Riding Critique 11 12-21-2010 01:20 AM
Up for critiquing! walkergal Horse Riding Critique 0 06-23-2010 10:48 PM
Critiquing Time JustLeaveIt2Mya Horse Riding Critique 3 01-01-2010 05:50 PM
Critiquing Welcome! 0-0Dublin0-0 Horse Riding Critique 6 07-19-2008 04:23 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0