Just a quick look....
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Just a quick look....

This is a discussion on Just a quick look.... within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree2Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
      #1
    Yearling
    Just a quick look....

    What do you think of her?
    Appendix Mare
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-06-2012, 12:53 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    Hard to tell, she seem she has some growing left to do.. butt high.. really needs to put on weight... legs look OK but there is no close up picture..
    What do you plan to use this horse for?
         
        12-06-2012, 12:55 PM
      #3
    Trained
    It's really hard to tell if she's built downhill. I took a card and put it up to the picture, and still couldn't tell--it's a bad sales photo. Otherwise, besides being a hard keeper, everything else looks pretty good. For $200, if she's not nuts, don't think you can go wrong.
    nvr2many and MyBrandy like this.
         
        12-06-2012, 12:59 PM
      #4
    Weanling
    Definitely a good price for young horse.. I would definitely do a pre-purchase vet exam.. She could be a nice horse.. Did they give you her pedigree?
         
        12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
      #5
    Yearling
    Shes angled away from the camera, I think that's why she looks so down hill. I did the same thing, lol but I think its just the picture. She does seem butt high, I don't think she has much of a pedigree, but i'm just looking for something to work with and to be Annies buddy. Maybe some poles and barrels, or penning.
         
        12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
      #6
    Yearling
    Her front pasterns worry me a bit... needless?
         
        12-06-2012, 01:10 PM
      #7
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnalisaParalyzer    
    her front pasterns worry me a bit... needless?
    -- hard to tell.. they cut off her front pasterns from the last picture! They are very difficult to see in pic #1 and #2..
    - definitely something that needs to be sound if you want to do gaming with her... You need better confo pics, if you decide to go get her call a vet :) Good luck! Keep us updated
         
        12-06-2012, 01:11 PM
      #8
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnalisaParalyzer    
    shes angled away from the camera, I think that's why she looks so down hill. I did the same thing, lol but I think its just the picture. She does seem butt high, I don't think she has much of a pedigree, but i'm just looking for something to work with and to be Annies buddy. Maybe some poles and barrels, or penning.
    I thought butt high but if you look at the first two pics, she seems to be standing in a hole. Last one not so much.
         
        12-06-2012, 01:12 PM
      #9
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvr2many    
    I thought butt high but if you look at the first two pics, she seems to be standing in a hole. Last one not so much.
    LOL - well that is why her front legs look weird haha - I did not notice the dip in footing - you are right!
         
        12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
      #10
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyBrandy    
    LOL - well that is why her front legs look weird haha - I did not notice the dip in footing - you are right!
    ...........
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Help! Quick! Starlet Horse Health 14 08-23-2010 09:04 PM
    Quick Bit Help Please??!?! SabreBaby Horse Tack and Equipment 12 01-15-2010 12:07 AM
    Need help quick! stacieandtheboys Horse Grooming 8 01-11-2010 10:05 AM
    Quick Hello (and quick request for Admin) RoyalBlueStuey Meet the Community 2 12-08-2009 07:41 AM
    Need quick dog help jxclass19 Other Pets 1 08-22-2009 10:45 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0