Mare i might buy! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Mare i might buy!

This is a discussion on Mare i might buy! within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree35Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-15-2012, 06:50 AM
      #11
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet    
    Why do you think she's beautiful? I think she's rather plain. One of the loooongest backs I've seen in a while and goose-rumped too. She might look a bit better, standing four-square on level ground.

    Lizzie
    I think she is a pretty color.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-15-2012, 10:30 AM
      #12
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexis rose    
    I think she is a pretty color.
    Really? I think her color makes her look dirty. A good horse is never a bad color, but 'fancy' color can't make up for conformational issues.

    Don't like her, and for $500 you could do better. Of course, if she's a bombproof saint that you could put your nonhorsey grandma on, I might change my mind.
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
      #13
    Foal
    Pics

    Im going to ask her for better photos of her.

    I am also looking at a 16 year old Morgan gelding. I am also going to ask her for better photos. As he is kinda far. And I have a person who will drive to pick him up. He is 800.00
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg photo (38).jpg (58.5 KB, 204 views)
         
        11-15-2012, 12:58 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by racheld90    
    Im going to ask her for better photos of her.

    I am also looking at a 16 year old Morgan gelding. I am also going to ask her for better photos. As he is kinda far. And I have a person who will drive to pick him up. He is 800.00
    Um, yeah, definitely ask for different pictures- I have never understood why people consider photos like that as being good pictures to use in an advertisement - right up there with a pic of some dumbass sitting UNDER the horse, or standing on the horse or............. *shakes head*
         
        11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by themacpack    
    Um, yeah, definitely ask for different pictures- I have never understood why people consider photos like that as being good pictures to use in an advertisement - right up there with a pic of some dumbass sitting UNDER the horse, or standing on the horse or............. *shakes head*
    I know lol

    Their is also a guided trail ride business who shut down. I have a call into them to see if they have anything that would suite me!
         
        11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
      #16
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Really? I think her color makes her look dirty. A good horse is never a bad color, but 'fancy' color can't make up for conformational issues.

    Don't like her, and for $500 you could do better. Of course, if she's a bombproof saint that you could put your nonhorsey grandma on, I might change my mind.
    I really don't need anybody to jump down my throat because I like the color of a horse and some of you don't. I was just stating my opinion and I have NEVER jumped on somebody because of their opinion. I am not an expert at confirmation I was just saying I THINK she is pretty. Sorry I even said it.
         
        11-15-2012, 04:17 PM
      #17
    Showing
    I wasn't jumping down your throat I was stating my opinion of the horse's color, exactly the same as you.

    She's not built well and if the only thing about her you like is her color, then keep looking.
    themacpack, EthanQ and smguidotti like this.
         
        11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
      #18
    Teen Forum Moderator
    I agree that she has an extremely long back and is overall just rather clunky.

    HOWEVER, it has been proven to me that things like that don't necessarily always make the horse worthless... our registered QH mare (R.I.P) Delriah, had an EXREMELY long back as well. Granted, she had phenominal conformation otherwise, but I always wondered how she stayed sound until about a year before her death with a 'daschund' build. And to think that she lived to be an astounding 50 years old with only minimal artheritis in her back, after being a show horse in her younger years and a lesson horse after that? Amazing. It was the artheritis in her hocks, which were actually very nice- that ended up bringing her down.





    I still wouldn't buy this mare for WP, considering that a back like that will make it extremely hard for her to collect herself, but if you really like her and realize that she's probably not going to be the next champion...by all means, buy her. I'd try to get her price down though. Personality over looks, all of the time.
         
        11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
      #19
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexis rose    
    I really don't need anybody to jump down my throat because I like the color of a horse and some of you don't. I was just stating my opinion and I have NEVER jumped on somebody because of their opinion. I am not an expert at confirmation I was just saying I THINK she is pretty. Sorry I even said it.
    How did she jump down your throat??
    As a side note, a little fact to tuck away in your horse vocabulary - when evaluating a horse it is conformation, as you are judging how the horse *conforms* to the breed standard.
         
        11-15-2012, 10:16 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Mare

    I really like this mare! A little out of my Price Range, but may be able to pull it off.
    What do ya think?
    Facebook
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Mare infection! I need help asap!Update: Mare is fine! baby too. cowgirl928 Horse Health 96 04-13-2012 02:56 AM
    Soild paint breeding stock mare or Qh mare Parker Horse Ranch Horse Breeds 10 03-05-2012 11:41 PM
    How often is normal to clean mare's genitals? I think something is wrong with my mare manca Horse Grooming 22 09-13-2011 05:35 AM
    my mare has suddenly started picking on another mare triggetpony Horse Training 2 06-30-2011 01:17 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0