My Spotted Tennessee Walker critique - Page 7
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

My Spotted Tennessee Walker critique

This is a discussion on My Spotted Tennessee Walker critique within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

Like Tree469Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-13-2013, 11:09 AM
  #61
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
That might be tough. OP is in a pretty remote area in VA......pretty far from anything.

OP-when we talk about "rehoming", we are not talking about selling. It is doubtful you could get anyone to buy this filly.

Can you please explain how it is possible you have even the $15K invested (you corrected the $50K, I believe.)? Some of us are having a really hard time figuring that out. I could possibly see it if she had been in training at a professional trainers since she was in utero........
Not being at all familiar with VA geography I'll take your word on that one!

OP, your filly needs hay today. And tomorrow, Saturday, and for the rest of her life. I am seriously concerned for her wellbeing - if you have enough money to buy a brand new computer and pay up to $125/hr for a trainer you can pay for hay and however much it might cost to get it trailered to you.
franknbeans and demonwolfmoon like this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-13-2013, 11:13 AM
  #62
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
That might be tough. OP is in a pretty remote area in VA......pretty far from anything.

OP-when we talk about "rehoming", we are not talking about selling. It is doubtful you could get anyone to buy this filly.

Can you please explain how it is possible you have even the $15K invested (you corrected the $50K, I believe.)? Some of us are having a really hard time figuring that out. I could possibly see it if she had been in training at a professional trainers since she was in utero........
There is a few here in VA, but not many who aren't already full. Then again I don't know where the OP is located in VA either.
The money part has me seriously confused too...since she isn't trained and obviously not being fed the proper things I am confused as to how this sum of money has appeared......So if you could explain that OP that'd be great!
     
    06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
  #63
Foal
My biggest concern is you stated you have owned her since she was 4 months old? What have you been feeding her since then?

I'm sorry, but there is no way on this earth anyone is going to tell me that this filly has had proper nutrition for the last 1 1/2.
You need to contact either your vet or a horse nutrionist to get her on the correct feed program and buy some hay!

This is my 14 month old filly. She is a different breed, but that doesn't matter when they are feed correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg april big girl.jpg (79.5 KB, 224 views)
     
    06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
  #64
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganarab94    
There is a few here in VA, but not many who aren't already full. Then again I don't know where the OP is located in VA either.
The money part has me seriously confused too...since she isn't trained and obviously not being fed the proper things I am confused as to how this sum of money has appeared......So if you could explain that OP that'd be great!
She stated on a different thread that she is in Grundy, which, according to map quest, is in the far southwest corner-rather close to Kentucky.....and W va.....no surprise here......
Elana and morganarab94 like this.
     
    06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
  #65
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
She stated on a different thread that she is in Grundy, which, according to map quest, is in the far southwest corner-rather close to Kentucky.....and W va.....no surprise here......
Don't get me started on that, lol But that's for another post, hahaha
     
    06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
  #66
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans    
She stated on a different thread that she is in Grundy, which, according to map quest, is in the far southwest corner-rather close to Kentucky.....and W va.....no surprise here......
Oh yes. I know the area. Drove through there a few times on Professional Photo missions. Amazingly poor area... amazingly hopeless in many ways with the demise of high sulfur coal. Best steady jobs are with Norfolk Southern Railroad. Very expensive to get hay there I am guessing.
     
    06-13-2013, 02:28 PM
  #67
Showing
Yep, Grundy's not exactly an 'elite' area. The last time the river flooded, many of the businesses just closed down and moved out. I believe the population isn't much over 1,000. Typical poor Appalachian mountain town.
morganarab94 likes this.
     
    06-13-2013, 02:47 PM
  #68
Green Broke
I stayed in Grundy years ago at the Comfort Inn. New at the time as I recall. I also recall small helicopters in the parking lot.. they were used to check the power lines and power line corridors. I have been in the dollar store/Safeway food store whatever it is now I do not know. Very rugged country.

I was taking photos of trains.
     
    06-13-2013, 03:40 PM
  #69
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva1228    
My biggest concern is you stated you have owned her since she was 4 months old? What have you been feeding her since then?

I'm sorry, but there is no way on this earth anyone is going to tell me that this filly has had proper nutrition for the last 1 1/2.
You need to contact either your vet or a horse nutrionist to get her on the correct feed program and buy some hay!

This is my 14 month old filly. She is a different breed, but that doesn't matter when they are feed correctly.
I totally agree. I have been reading this and other post from the op and I am truly concerned for the health and well being of this mare. She will most likely have lifelong issues stemming from the malnutrition(that is dangerously close to abuse). And certainly is in no condition for a training regiment of any kind. Horse ownership is a responsibility not all are ready or suited for and the op should really spend time thinking(honestly) what is in the best interest of this horse she seems to really care about.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    06-14-2013, 01:00 AM
  #70
Banned
I do care about my horse and I do not abuse her.The rice bran costs 35 dollars for a 50lbs bag it lasts for 2 weeks and two 50lbs bags of triple C is 25.00 it lasts for two weeks as well.The hay is anywhere from $3.00-$7.00 a bale,$300-$400 is what was paid for 100 bales of hay at one time for my friends horse.The hay is really expensive in the area.I cannot find a job because most places want college educated people.I have been to college I lost a ride and had to quit.I am going to go back to college though to be an accountant and store manager.I will be working toward two college degrees.I do not and would not abuse my horse never.
Posted via Mobile Device
toto likes this.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spotted Walker Critique AllyCee Horse Conformation Critique 6 01-31-2013 07:30 AM
I am getting a 4 month old Tennessee Walker/Spotted Horse mare Cowgirl07 Horse Talk 57 10-11-2011 06:50 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0