New pics of my filly (: - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

New pics of my filly (:

This is a discussion on New pics of my filly (: within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree15Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
      #31
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NdAppy    
    The shot is called lute. Please do have her checked before administering any shots. Have her palpated or ultrasounded.
    i will look into that,it might take a while for me to get up enough money but I will have that done
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
      #32
    Trained
    She is really cute. I am concerned tho that you do not have the resources to properly care for her if you don't have the $$ for this or that.....I know you didn't want to hear negatives, but......She has been with a stallion, so she needs to be palpated. Not when you get the $$, ASAP. OTherwise, you will end up to late to lute her.

    I also DO NOT agree with Drum Runner and her rotational dewormer. That is not recommended so much anymore. Do the power pack, then do fecals every 3 months. Costs about the same as the wormer and you know what you are dealing with. Many times you don't even need to worm.
    NdAppy likes this.
         
        02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
      #33
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franknbeans    
    She is really cute. I am concerned tho that you do not have the resources to properly care for her if you don't have the $$ for this or that.....I know you didn't want to hear negatives, but......She has been with a stallion, so she needs to be palpated. Not when you get the $$, ASAP. OTherwise, you will end up to late to lute her.

    I also DO NOT agree with Drum Runner and her rotational dewormer. That is not recommended so much anymore. Do the power pack, then do fecals every 3 months. Costs about the same as the wormer and you know what you are dealing with. Many times you don't even need to worm.
    im pretty sure I will need money to have that done...i don't have it right this moment so therefore I can't get it done yet...ill take donations tho
    (;
         
        02-06-2012, 08:01 PM
      #34
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NdAppy    
    *cough* It is physically impossible for a fetus of any size to be absorbed. They are aborted.

    Well the vet explained it to me at the time as the foal being absorbed, I was consufed after I gave her all the shots and the vet came and checked her and I asked if she would need surgery or any such thing and she said no the fetus had been absorbed, but I was very upset so maybe the vet thought absorbed would be a more sensitive word to use then saying it was aborted... but who knows, I'm not a vet I just did what she told me to do. :-/
         
        02-06-2012, 08:03 PM
      #35
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twilight Arabians    
    Well the vet explained it to me at the time as the foal being absorbed, I was consufed after I gave her all the shots and the vet came and checked it and I asked if she would need surgery and any such thing and she said no the fetus had been absorbed, but I was very upset so maybe the vet thought absorbed would be a more sensitive word to use then saying it was aborted... but who knows, I'm not a vet I just did what she told me to do. :-/
    do you remember how much the shot was?
         
        02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
      #36
    Trained
    @Twilight - a lot of people still use absorbed. I use humans miscarrying/aborting at anytime during a pregnancy the same as with a horse. Same idea, different size scale.
         
        02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
      #37
    Trained
    Kayla - your best bet is to call and discuss that with your vet.
    DrumRunner likes this.
         
        02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
      #38
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaylaturner    
    do you remember how much the shot was?
    This was awhile back but it was $35 a shot and I had to give her one shot a week for 4 weeks. After all was said and done I had paid about $350 for the shots and 2 farm calls to have her ultrasound my filly. If you have a trailer and can take her to the vet that will save you a lot of money, sadly I didn't have a trailer at the time so I had to pay $75 alone just to have her come out...
         
        02-06-2012, 08:10 PM
      #39
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twilight Arabians    
    This was awhile back but it was $35 a shot and I had to give her one shot a week for 4 weeks. After all was said and done I had paid about $350 for the shots and 2 farm calls to have her ultrasound my filly. If you have a trailer and can take her to the vet that will save you a lot of money, sadly I didn't have a trailer at the time so I had to pay $75 alone just to have her come out...
    ohh well that aint too bad...i don't have a trailer either :( lol
    I might could find one tho but I think its only 54 dollars for my vet to come
    To where my filly is
         
        02-06-2012, 08:33 PM
      #40
    Green Broke
    She is very very VERY straight through the stifle. This conformation can result in a stifle that pops our of place. I find her weak through the loin and a bit back at the knee. Her shoulder is upright and the angle at point of shoulder is narrow.. a wider angle is more desirable. Her hocks and knees are low to the ground which is good and she looks to have large, roomy hocks which will help considering the over straight hind leg conformation.

    Her neck is a bit short.. head a bit large.. indicating a life of less than adequate feed.. though with the over all condition I would say she has good quantity of feed. She lacks quality and cannot get enough nutrition from the hay and grain she is getting.
    themacpack likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Rescue horse Very in foal **DUSTY HAD HER FILLY** PICS PICS PICS !!! sssmith Horse Breeding 94 05-27-2011 09:41 PM
    More pics of my filly haviris Horse Pictures 5 03-15-2010 10:58 PM
    What do you think of my filly? Lots of pics Crimsonhorse01 Horse Riding Critique 19 10-20-2009 03:36 PM
    Updated Filly Pics! WSArabians Horse Pictures 10 05-16-2008 04:21 PM
    New Filly Pics! WSArabians Horse Pictures 10 04-27-2008 10:07 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0