Possible new horse... Please check him out - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Possible new horse... Please check him out

This is a discussion on Possible new horse... Please check him out within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree39Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
      #11
    Foal
    I don't have the old picture anymore...
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Do yourself a favor and run. Beautiful horse but unless you would just like a horse 'to look at' then if advise against getting him. Just curious, how much are they asking??
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
      #13
    Foal
    The pictures from when he was younger showed no signs of any leg problems. It is hard to tell what a foal will look like until they are older but you can always get an idea.
         
        12-09-2012, 09:52 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    I'd buy the "bad farrier" story only AFTER a thorough vetting when the vet is the one telling you that is the problem.
    smrobs likes this.
         
        12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
      #15
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsietori    
    The pictures from when he was younger showed no signs of any leg problems. It is hard to tell what a foal will look like until they are older but you can always get an idea.

    After seeing these pictures I'm betting he won't stay sound long as a riding horse. I can tell you that rigt now...
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
      #16
    Foal
    He has been checked by the vet and I'm waiting for the report. I'm not for sure buying him.
         
        12-09-2012, 09:55 PM
      #17
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsietori    
    The pictures from when he was younger showed no signs of any leg problems. It is hard to tell what a foal will look like until they are older but you can always get an idea.
    yes - and the idea that is being gotten via the photos you have posted in this thread is that this horse is destined to a life of soundness issues. You asked for input, you are getting it - that input can only be given on what you have provided which is photos of a horse showing serious club foot issues. It seems you are rather keen on this little guy and want him to be THE horse for you.......
         
        12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
      #18
    Showing
    Sure, foals change a lot as they grow, but there are some things that don't change. Granted, I am just judging from 2 pictures so I could be wrong....but I really don't think I am. There are signs that a trained eye can see on things like that that will give clues to whether it might be something long-term or something new. Just looking at those pictures, I'm not inclined to believe the "bad farrier" story the owners told you. Those feet have been growing that way for a while.

    For your own sake, please get a very thorough vet check before you go any further in this purchase. He is a cute colt, but I would hate for you to get him home and end up heartbroken when he ends up being capable of nothing more than being a very loudly colored, and expensive, pasture pet.
    GotaDunQH likes this.
         
        12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
      #19
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by themacpack    
    yes - and the idea that is being gotten via the photos you have posted in this thread is that this horse is destined to a life of soundness issues. You asked for input, you are getting it - that input can only be given on what you have provided which is photos of a horse showing serious club foot issues. It seems you are rather keen on this little guy and want him to be THE horse for you.......
    Um... I said I might get him. Yes I love him but I also have enough sense to say no. I haven't seen him yet because he is out of state. I'm going there soon to see him in person before making a final decision. I'm taking all precautions. He only showed this problem after his last farrier visit who supposedly was a different farrier then usual. I've seen a lot of bad farrier jobs. I'm being careful.
         
        12-09-2012, 10:01 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smrobs    
    Sure, foals change a lot as they grow, but there are some things that don't change. Granted, I am just judging from 2 pictures so I could be wrong....but I really don't think I am. There are signs that a trained eye can see on things like that that will give clues to whether it might be something long-term or something new. Just looking at those pictures, I'm not inclined to believe the "bad farrier" story the owners told you. Those feet have been growing that way for a while.

    For your own sake, please get a very thorough vet check before you go any further in this purchase. He is a cute colt, but I would hate for you to get him home and end up heartbroken when he ends up being capable of nothing more than being a very loudly colored, and expensive, pasture pet.
    I am going to have a complete vet check done before he leaves the state. I'm also making the seller sign a contract.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Going to check out this horse. Cowgirls Boots Horse Riding Critique 11 07-16-2011 08:48 PM
    My new horse website! Check it out please!!! slowlopin Horse Talk 2 06-01-2011 09:17 PM
    How do I check whether my horse's teeth need to be done? Brianna6432 Horse Health 7 02-17-2010 04:37 AM
    check out my new horse nldiaz66 Horse Talk 16 07-03-2009 10:26 PM
    Check out my new horse! goodwilljumper Horse Pictures 15 06-07-2009 04:41 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0