Should i or should i not? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

Should i or should i not?

This is a discussion on Should i or should i not? within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree4Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-31-2012, 04:24 PM
      #11
    Foal
    Thank you for your advice! I really do appreciate it :)

    Feel free to add if anyone else would like???
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
      #12
    Started
    I think he is defiantly worth looking into. He is ADORABLE. Do you know her reasons for selling him?
         
        08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
      #13
    Foal
    She stated it cause he's a solid and she breeds for loud colored leopard appys.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
      #14
    Weanling
    But he COULD BE registered. She really thought she would get a loud coloreded appy by breeding two solids. I would want papers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    natisha likes this.
         
        09-01-2012, 10:15 AM
      #15
    Green Broke
    As a horse, he is really looking good at this age. What I like even more is the look of his mother and I know that the apple rarely falls far from the tree.

    You cannot ride the papers and you would be gelding him... so the papers don't matter one lick.
         
        09-01-2012, 10:39 AM
      #16
    Foal
    ^^^VERY good point!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        09-02-2012, 12:46 AM
      #17
    Yearling
    I'd trade the saddle for him.

    Though he'll be more expensive to keep than trading for another saddle.

    And you have to wonder, why is this person breeding if she is basically giving away this year's stock? I know it sounds mean to say, but if you're not breeding for quality, you shouldn't be breeding...and trading a horse for an inadament object is basically admitting you don't have quality to bring in any actual money with breeding and sale.

    To be frank, I do think he is of some quality. I like what he has now, and it can only get better. He'll be an expensive trade but I would do it. I'm just kind of flabbergasted at some breeders, is all.
         
        09-02-2012, 06:02 PM
      #18
    Started
    I think he's super cute. The only thing to keep in mind is that it'll be a while before he's ready to be started under saddle and ridden much. Are you sure you won't miss being able to just hop on and go for a ride?

    I know I've been having a time of it with my 2 yr colt. I really can't wait to start him under saddle and see how those gaits of his feel... but I don't want to ask too much too soon either.
         
        09-03-2012, 02:47 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    I think the trade is worth it, and I certainly WOULD pursue the papers. Papers will make him more marketable should you decide to sell him, which means..yep, you certainly CAN ride papers.
    Eolith likes this.
         
        09-03-2012, 03:02 PM
      #20
    Weanling
    Did you decide weather to get him or not?
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0