What do you see (possible buy) - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

What do you see (possible buy)

This is a discussion on What do you see (possible buy) within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-11-2012, 08:27 AM
      #11
    Yearling
    See my edit on my earlier post. :) I agree with her about the angles in the hind end and the long pasterns.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thesilverspear    
    See my edit on my earlier post. :) I agree with her about the angles in the hind end and the long pasterns.

    Ahh.. well, I will have to keep looking, but as I said.. I know nothing.. but nothing's perfect, right?

    I have emailed another, but there is no confo pics as yet.. will keep you updated though ;)

    Silverspear can I keep you as my pocket confo guide hahaha!
         
        04-11-2012, 08:31 AM
      #13
    Yearling
    The more I look at it, the less I like it. The hind-end is definitely not great.

    Really don't like the small feet. I'm not into the big-horse-on-spindly-legs look, which seems to be common in a lot of warmbloods these days.
         
        04-11-2012, 08:33 AM
      #14
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
    Ahh.. well, I will have to keep looking, but as I said.. I know nothing.. but nothing's perfect, right?

    I have emailed another, but there is no confo pics as yet.. will keep you updated though ;)

    Silverspear can I keep you as my pocket confo guide hahaha!

    Haha. No worries. Send any pic my way.
         
        04-11-2012, 08:38 AM
      #15
    Green Broke
    OKay so friend just sent this, and I'm waiting to hear what the price is. Only thing that strikes me as odd is its from a breeder but listed as 'other warmblood' which I don't know what that means to be fair

         
        04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
      #16
    Yearling
    I like that one better.

    He (I can see it's a boy) has better bone and looks more likely to stay sound for you. There's still something interesting about his hind end that I can't quite put my finger on and is he a bit thick through the throatlatch? At the end of the day, unless you're going to spend a zillion euros on a horse, you're probably not going to find one with perfect dressage conformation. You just want it to not be a conformational disaster and correct *enough* to do what you want to do and stay sound,

    He might be slightly over at the knee, or holding his front leg at an odd angle.

    I'd probably phone up and maybe look at that one, at any rate.
         
        04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
      #17
    Started
    I like this one much better. Conformationally, he's much better looking in angles and proportion than the first one. I'd go look at him.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
      #18
    Green Broke
    I think maybe just not so well built from behind...If he's still there will do, he's out of my price range right now!
         
        04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
      #19
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
    I think maybe just not so well built from behind...If he's still there will do, he's out of my price range right now!
    Ah, bugger.

    Where are all the nice and cheap ones!?
         
        04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
      #20
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thesilverspear    
    Ah, bugger.

    Where are all the nice and cheap ones!?

    Well he's 5-6k so not too bad, but only have 4500 to spend if and when I sell Duffy!
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0