What do you think? (potential look-at) - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

What do you think? (potential look-at)

This is a discussion on What do you think? (potential look-at) within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Maromac Marj and Doug Mackay
  • Doug and marj mackay quarterhorse

Like Tree7Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-02-2012, 02:06 AM
  #21
Yearling
Quote:
Is there something wrong with the contact info on the site you posted? Am I missing something here?
I clicked on "contact us" and my computer's email won't come up. If you can see the email when you click contact us, please let me know what it is! Mine keeps telling me "error".

Quote:
I would contact the breeder WITHOUT the current owner, but that is just me. Something is not right with this story, and if you contact the breeder without the owner you may get a whole nother story. Then you may have to decide what is true.
I agree, that's what I'm going to do. I also talked to someone who knows the filly, and she said she is a great horse, and that if she had room she would take her. She said to contact the breeders to find out why they brought her to the auction, and why she wasn't registered.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
  #22
Trained
Here you go-the email address according to the link you supplied is

maromac@telus.net

Here is the other contact info-perhaps call them? Just don't harrass them, of course.

Doug and Marj Mackay
4275 224th St. Langley, B.C. Canada V2Z 2V5
(604) 514-8414 Cell # 778-866-5197
MN Tigerstripes and NdAppy like this.
     
    01-02-2012, 09:48 AM
  #23
Foal
Picture wise the thing that would worry me is that in all the pics of her wearing a saddle, she's on the move and isn't wearing a lead of any kind. Why turn a horse loose with a saddle on? That doesn't make much sense.

I had a QH pally filly that no one ever bothered to register. Some times its easier for the breeder to just sell the foal with the registration info and let the new owner register the foal, so the new owner can pick the name and also so they won't have to change the foal's documentation over into their name. You'll see a lot of "REGISTRATION PENDING" in sale ad titles and usually that means that they CAN be registered but the breeder hasn't done it yet. Some breeders just want to make it easier on THEM and not have to pay for getting the horse registered themselves.
     
    01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
  #24
Weanling
Funny how they know who the sire is but not the dam....LOL usually means someones hiding something.
     
    01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
  #25
Weanling
I would totally pass something is up I know when I go to an auction I havent a clue who the seller's are and for this buyer to "know" so much about the breeders makes me think they arent very honest people like they are trying to find some sucker to take this horse. JMO
     
    01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
  #26
Yearling
Quote:
Here you go-the email address according to the link you supplied is

maromac@telus.net

Here is the other contact info-perhaps call them? Just don't harrass them, of course.
Thank you very much! I just emailed them, and of course I wouldn't harrass them :] Just a few questions about the filly!

Quote:
Funny how they know who the sire is but not the dam....LOL usually means someones hiding something.
Yeah, that seems very strange to me. But, when I looked on the breeders website, this filly was pictured under 2009 foals, and it said who her dam was.
Maybe since they breed alot of horses, they couldn't remember off the spot who her dam was?

Quote:
I would totally pass something is up I know when I go to an auction I havent a clue who the seller's are and for this buyer to "know" so much about the breeders makes me think they arent very honest people like they are trying to find some sucker to take this horse. JMO
Yeah, It feels a little fishy at the moment, but I will investigate a little further. I really love the looks of the filly, so I hope everything is all good :}
     
    01-02-2012, 03:49 PM
  #27
Weanling
Funny discussion on the AQHA public policy board on facebook this very topic right now a heated discusson wth people who breed the n/h and h/h horses they breed for the h an openly admit when it goes wrong they take the horses to salebarns and get rid of them without papers imo this is disgusting and a disgrace to the breed and registry.
     
    01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
  #28
Showing
She appears to be a nice enough filly. She's going to be quite bulky when she's grown though if she's this big at 2.

I wholeheartedly agree with others though. If you can contact her breeders, I would, just to see what they have to say about her (it wouldn't hurt to inquire about the temperament of sire and dam while you are talking to them either as that will play a large role in how easy she is to back). Before you pay to bring her home, have her tested for HYPP and HERDA. HYPP especially considering her appearance and questionable dam identification.

If you do bring her home, please get some help to get her going under saddle. Sometimes it's easy, others....not so much.
     
    01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
  #29
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
She appears to be a nice enough filly. She's going to be quite bulky when she's grown though if she's this big at 2.

I wholeheartedly agree with others though. If you can contact her breeders, I would, just to see what they have to say about her (it wouldn't hurt to inquire about the temperament of sire and dam while you are talking to them either as that will play a large role in how easy she is to back). Before you pay to bring her home, have her tested for HYPP and HERDA. HYPP especially considering her appearance and questionable dam identification.

If you do bring her home, please get some help to get her going under saddle. Sometimes it's easy, others....not so much.
The ones we expect to be easy often times fool the heck out of us and the ones we expect to fight us every step of the way don't.
OwnedByAlli likes this.
     
    01-02-2012, 07:10 PM
  #30
Weanling
Good luck! She's a nice looking filly! Its a shame the breeders let her "fall through the cracks"
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Potential buy whiskeynoo Horse Talk 3 07-01-2011 06:19 AM
Potential....or not? Tennessee Western Riding 20 09-01-2009 02:35 PM
potential buy ak_showgirl Horse Riding Critique 9 02-23-2009 08:13 PM
What do you think about him? potential buy.! shermanismybaby3006 Horse Riding Critique 12 12-13-2008 11:17 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0