What do you think? (potential look-at) - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

What do you think? (potential look-at)

This is a discussion on What do you think? (potential look-at) within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category

    Like Tree7Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-03-2012, 12:00 AM
      #31
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuvMyPerlinoQH    
    The ones we expect to be easy often times fool the heck out of us and the ones we expect to fight us every step of the way don't.
    Too true, I've ridden quite a few that I did all the groundwork on and though "Wow, that was easy, this is going to be a cake walk...then I step in the saddle and it's a whole different world". I've also trained some that all the groundwork was a fight and I just knew that they would be some horrid monster under saddle...then once I was mounted, they just walked off like they'd been broke for 10 years or so an never cause a single problem LOL.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-01-2012, 01:46 AM
      #32
    Foal
    I own the horse you guys are talking about. I had some bad feelings about getting her. I bought her a few months ago. Anyway, lately I've been looking up stuff on her dam and sire and tonight came across this. I did talk to the breeder but they just said sometimes horses going to auctions just happen. They also said there was no papers. We called them just after we got her. I am so in love with this horse I hope she doesn't have anything wrong with her. She is so sweet and a quick learner. My heart is truly breaking thinking something is wrong. I should have known better than to buy and not look into things. I did find a lot of stuff fishy but didn't listen to reality. She follows me around like a dog. If you guys know anything else about her please let me know. I will be getting her tested. Sad that people don't seem to mind doing this to others.
         
        07-01-2012, 07:42 AM
      #33
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hammerit    
    I own the horse you guys are talking about. I had some bad feelings about getting her. I bought her a few months ago. Anyway, lately I've been looking up stuff on her dam and sire and tonight came across this. I did talk to the breeder but they just said sometimes horses going to auctions just happen. They also said there was no papers. We called them just after we got her. I am so in love with this horse I hope she doesn't have anything wrong with her. She is so sweet and a quick learner. My heart is truly breaking thinking something is wrong. I should have known better than to buy and not look into things. I did find a lot of stuff fishy but didn't listen to reality. She follows me around like a dog. If you guys know anything else about her please let me know. I will be getting her tested. Sad that people don't seem to mind doing this to others.
    I would just have her HYPP and HERDA tested. I would be more concerned with the HYPP but while your at it better safe than sorry!

    We did receive a horse in for training that the owners bought at auction, a REALLY pretty, nice, good personality mare. So obviously QH, she looked very well bred, for halter, but she was sold as grade with no papers. Yeah, she ended up HYPP N/H. We begged the owner to test her, but that fell on deaf ears until she had a very bad attack... her first one but not her last. Now she is a really nice looking pasture pet.
         
        07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
      #34
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lopin N Paint    
    I would just have her HYPP and HERDA tested. I would be more concerned with the HYPP but while your at it better safe than sorry!

    We did receive a horse in for training that the owners bought at auction, a REALLY pretty, nice, good personality mare. So obviously QH, she looked very well bred, for halter, but she was sold as grade with no papers. Yeah, she ended up HYPP N/H. We begged the owner to test her, but that fell on deaf ears until she had a very bad attack... her first one but not her last. Now she is a really nice looking pasture pet.
    How do I go about getting her tested? Does anyone know?
         
        07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
      #35
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hammerit    
    How do I go about getting her tested? Does anyone know?
    Is she AQHA reg? They have that great 5 panel test its tests for the major 5 genetic diseases I have all of mine tested its great to have.
         
        07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
      #36
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuvMyPerlinoQH    
    Is she AQHA reg? They have that great 5 panel test its tests for the major 5 genetic diseases I have all of mine tested its great to have.
    No she came unpapered.
         
        07-01-2012, 03:39 PM
      #37
    Green Broke
    I just want to state that I think the breeder website posted is fishy as 2 photos are exactl the same but are labeled as 2 different foals?
         
        07-01-2012, 08:31 PM
      #38
    Weanling
    Cheese look at those prices under for sale
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Potential buy whiskeynoo Horse Talk 3 07-01-2011 06:19 AM
    Potential....or not? Tennessee Western Riding 20 09-01-2009 02:35 PM
    potential buy ak_showgirl Horse Riding Critique 9 02-23-2009 08:13 PM
    What do you think about him? potential buy.! shermanismybaby3006 Horse Riding Critique 12 12-13-2008 11:17 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0