What are your thoughts on this horse for sale?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Conformation Critique

What are your thoughts on this horse for sale?

This is a discussion on What are your thoughts on this horse for sale? within the Horse Conformation Critique forums, part of the Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics category
  • Oldenburg mare had totalis foal

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-29-2011, 04:44 AM
  #1
Foal
What are your thoughts on this horse for sale?

Irish Sport Horse/ Oldenburg Cross- Very Sweet! GREAT MOVER! | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

She is the type I'm looking for - warmblood with jumping/eventing potential.

What do you make of her movement in the video and her conformation in the pics?

I'm do my research now so I know what to look for when I buy my horse next year!

THanks in advance!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-29-2011, 04:54 AM
  #2
Green Broke
Subbing, will check out the vid when I get home as it won't work at work... nice pedigree though!
     
    11-29-2011, 07:37 AM
  #3
Super Moderator
I like her looks, but will wait to see the video. I.ll post more, then.
     
    11-29-2011, 07:47 AM
  #4
Yearling
I think it's insanity that it says she will be started under saddle and her price is 10k.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-29-2011, 07:51 AM
  #5
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseOfCourse    
I think it's insanity that it says she will be started under saddle and her price is 10k.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's cheap in all honesty if the horse is worth it and has future prospect to go far.

Trakehners are typically good for sports, and World Cup lines are nice- not so sure about the ISH lines.

It depends what you want to do- hacking out, you buy something cheaper, low level competitions a bit more, if you're looking to go the distance, you have to fork out the pennies for a decent horse who has proven parents and lines. A Totalis baby sold for a million recently, didn't it? Think it wasn't even weaned yet, so the new owner bought it and had to wait to get it!
     
    11-29-2011, 07:55 AM
  #6
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
Thats cheap in all honesty if the horse is worth it and has future prospect to go far.

Trakehners are typically good for sports, and World Cup lines are nice- not so sure about the ISH lines.

It depends what you want to do- hacking out, you buy something cheaper, low level competitions a bit more, if you're looking to go the distance, you have to fork out the pennies for a decent horse who has proven parents and lines. A Totalis baby sold for a million recently, didn't it? Think it wasn't even weaned yet, so the new owner bought it and had to wait to get it!
Ultimately I'm looking for an eventer
     
    11-29-2011, 07:56 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Finch    
I like her looks, but will wait to see the video. I.ll post more, then.
Were you able to locate the link to the video under the link in my original post? (not sure if you meant you were waiting for the link or just that you were going to go back to view the video later on)
     
    11-29-2011, 08:07 AM
  #8
Green Broke
Catsandhorses- I have seen you're living in Ireland, I mistakenly thought you were US ;D

In which case, for an eventer I think you should be able to find one a lot cheaper in Ireland, a friend of mine went to look for a horse to compete low level and picked two up for 800!
     
    11-29-2011, 08:29 AM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
catsandhorses- I have seen you're living in Ireland, I mistakenly thought you were US ;D

In which case, for an eventer I think you should be able to find one a lot cheaper in Ireland, a friend of mine went to look for a horse to compete low level and picked two up for 800!
I'm moving back to the US in January. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this - I'll update my siggy! :)
     
    11-29-2011, 08:34 AM
  #10
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandhorses    
I'm moving back to the US in January. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this - I'll update my siggy! :)

Did find it curious that the horse was in US ;D

No problems haha!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Considering this horse for my daughter--thoughts? Fowl Play Horse Riding Critique 5 05-01-2011 11:42 AM
i would like your thoughts on my horse teddybear Dressage 27 11-16-2010 07:25 AM
Your thoughts on horse diving ..... Shalani Horse Health 5 10-20-2010 01:59 AM
I Need a New Lesson Horse (Thoughts on these ones?) Riding21Years Horse Riding Critique 141 10-05-2010 06:50 AM
what is you thoughts on this horse cubbinbaby Horse Riding Critique 6 04-08-2008 11:49 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0