Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere in WA
1. Deadline is midnight of the last day of the month; late entries will not be judged.
2. Photos that were entered in a previous month's contest are not eligible to be submitted again.
3.You MUST have been the photographer, or be in the picture. No posting copyrighted photos (unless they are your own!).
4.) Dogs, cats and other critters are allowed in the Other's Section only. (Ponies, Donkeys, Mules, Zebras, Zonies and Zorse of course ARE allowed)
5.) One photo per category per person please.
6.) Please specify which category the photo is being entered in BY NAME. Category numbers will not be recognized. And it MUST be one of the categories for this month. Judging will not start until the contest is closed, so if you change your mind about which category your photo should go in; edit your post before the end of the contest.
7.) Photos may only be entered into one category. One photo can not be entered twice.
8.) No Comments on photos please. If you would like to comment on someone's photo, I can create another post for Comments on Current Photo Contest if need be.
9. Please try to keep the category names in order. I know it can sometimes be confusing, but doing this would help me out a lot!
10. Have FUN!
3. Group Shot
5. Young horses (2 years of age and younger)
6. Aged horses (20 years and older)
7. Momma & Baby (Foals not yet of weaning age.)
1. Artistic: Creative photographs- eye shots, close-ups, movement studies, alternative lighting, black and white, or photos that have been jazzed up with the help of a computer.
2. Portrait: Clear picture that portrays the personality of the horse. Photos should be uncluttered with little background distraction. These can be full body shots or head shots.
3. Group Shot: Photos of horses interacting with each other, may be as small as two horses.
4. Action: This is for photographs showing a clear sense of motion- *EITHER* at liberty or under the influence of a person. The idea here is to show the power, strength, and grace of the animal. Competitions are a great place to get good action shots.
5. Young Horse: Horses aged 2 and younger- single or in groups. Post horse's age with photo.
6. Aged Horse: Horses aged 20 and older - single or in groups. Post horse's age with photo.
7. Momma & Baby: Foals with their mommas. We all know that babies can be pretty cute...lets see your shots of them with Momma! Whether its a bonding moment, a cute/funny moment, or one of those moments that you just can't stop laughing about. (Foals should not yet be of weaning age.)
8. Performance: Any of the disciplines being performed under saddle with rider (cutting, barrel racing, western pleasure, jumping, dressage, sidesaddle, saddle seat, polo, racing, etc.).
9. Halter/Showmanship: These can include halter, showmanship, sporthorse in hand, etc... You must be the photographer or in the picture yourself. Keep in mind, thatentries of a horse simply standing in a pasture with a halter on, do NOT count!
10. Other: For photos that don't fit quite right into other categories OR perhaps would but you've already entered one there... *grin* Any animal can be entered in this category.
Conformation is how far the horse CAN go,
Mind is how far the horse WILL go,
Training is how far it DOES go.