2. Paint Horse- Grumpy
12. Gelding- Kokomo
18. Best Turned Out English Horse- Grumpy
^ No poop stains! I was so proud of him for staying clean.
34. Coolest Horse in a Pasture Picture- Grumpy
36. Best Horse in a barn/stall Picture
43. Best Horse buddies Picture (ONLY 2 horses in the photo)- Grumpy and Kokomo
44. Best Horse Herd Buddies (MORE than 2 horses)- from left to right, Angel, Kokomo, Grumpy
50. Best Favorite Picture (Why is this your favorite picture?)
This is my favorite picture because it shows how far we've come. When I first started riding Grumpy, he would trot around at top speed with his head up in the air like a short-strided giraffe and would buck into the canter. He now accepts the bit and extends his stride and has wonderful trot-canter transitions. He's made a complete turnaround, and I am so happy that I found him, because he's such a fantastic horse.
51. Best Favorite Horse (Why is this your favorite horse?)
This is Hank, and while he and Grumpy tie for #1 in my book, I felt that I should include him here because of all he taught me. Hank is a 30-year-old therapy horse at a barn where I do volunteer work. When I first started volunteering, I knew nothing about horses. Hank taught me to always be paying attention to any horse that I'm around, how to lead, how to ride every stride, and how to gain respect from a horse. Other people have trouble leading him and picking up his hooves, but he'll do whatever I ask with little fuss.
52. Best Show Picture (What did you place in the class pictured and why is this your best show picture?)
This was Grumpy's third show, and his first time cantering and jumping in a show. This show was an Open Fun show to benefit the therapeutic riding program that I volunteer for, and the class was W/T/C English Pleasure. We placed 2nd out of 8. I picked this picture because this was our first 2nd place, and it reminds me of all the hard work I put into this horse and how much it paid off.