Horse Knowledge Quiz - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegro View Post

14. Which equine disease is almost exclusively seen in stabled horses?[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Colic[/COLOR]
I disagree completely with this statement. There is no correlation between stabling and colic, never mind that it is "almost exclusively seen in stabled horses". I have personally dealt with dozens of cases of colic here, both as an owner and as a helper, and NONE of the horses I have dealt with have been stabled at all. Where did you pull this from, and on what evidence do you base it?

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,504
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
I disagree completely with this statement. There is no correlation between stabling and colic, never mind that it is "almost exclusively seen in stabled horses". I have personally dealt with dozens of cases of colic here, both as an owner and as a helper, and NONE of the horses I have dealt with have been stabled at all. Where did you pull this from, and on what evidence do you base it?
What is wrong if they made a mistake? Everybody does

"It is the difficult horses that have the most to teach you" - Double Dan Horsemanship
Nokotaheaven is offline  
post #23 of 34 Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 286
• Horses: 0
I won ;) ! Ha ha. At least I learned some new things.
Nokotaheaven likes this.
goingnowhere1 is offline  
post #24 of 34 Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven View Post
What is wrong if they made a mistake? Everybody does
Read their post a few posts up - it clearly says that if anyone disagrees with an answer to say so. I am saying so.

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #25 of 34 Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,504
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
Read their post a few posts up - it clearly says that if anyone disagrees with an answer to say so. I am saying so.
Okay. I was asking because you seem to do this on a lot of posts

"It is the difficult horses that have the most to teach you" - Double Dan Horsemanship
Nokotaheaven is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven View Post
Okay. I was asking because you seem to do this on a lot of posts
Feel free to point out where I "do this on a lot of posts".

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
post #27 of 34 Old 12-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,504
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiilaa View Post
Feel free to point out where I "do this on a lot of posts".
Just the ones that i've seen, and my own. Mind you I'm not mad or anything, nor am i meaning to upset you, but i have noticed sometimes when people do that others will agree and sort of join in, and occasionally it will upset the OP.. I know this only because it's happened to me

"It is the difficult horses that have the most to teach you" - Double Dan Horsemanship
Nokotaheaven is offline  
post #28 of 34 Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,504
• Horses: 2
Not saying I'm right on everything, because i still have a lot to learn, but yeah..

"It is the difficult horses that have the most to teach you" - Double Dan Horsemanship
Nokotaheaven is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 5,582
• Horses: 2
I was under the impression that that was the purpose of online forums: to join group conversations and voice one's opinions. Shrug.
Chiilaa likes this.
Poseidon is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,153
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven View Post
Just the ones that i've seen, and my own. Mind you I'm not mad or anything, nor am i meaning to upset you, but i have noticed sometimes when people do that others will agree and sort of join in, and occasionally it will upset the OP.. I know this only because it's happened to me
Again, feel free to substantiate this with evidence. Until you have a list of links where I do, then please refrain from trying to drag my character through the mud. The mods on this forum are excellent, if I were constantly posting in threads with the intention of starting an argument, I would have been banned by now.

In this thread, it had to be said that the OP was wrong about that. Assuming that colic is only a disease of the stabled horse is not just wrong, it's dangerous. It means that some kid who reads this, believes it, and then when their grass kept horse does colic, they won't believe that is what is happening. And I think we all know what happens when a severe colic case is not treated as soon as possible.

Mods, grant me the serenity to see the opinions I cannot change, courage to change the ones that should change, and the wisdom to spot the trolls.
Chiilaa is offline  
Reply

Tags
anatomy , breeds , competition , diseases , knowlege

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I register my horse without knowledge of the sire? Shyanne Horse Colors and Genetics 3 08-28-2012 06:08 PM
New to horse ownership so need some knowledge furbabymum Horse Nutrition 11 12-30-2011 10:54 AM
Horse ridden w/o my knowledge or permission xhalt63 Horse Law 90 02-01-2011 06:59 PM
Horse Lit Quiz Scoutrider Horse Talk 1 06-09-2009 06:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome