Horse Knowledge Quiz - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Contests

Horse Knowledge Quiz

This is a discussion on Horse Knowledge Quiz within the Horse Contests forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

    Like Tree5Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-05-2012, 06:45 AM
      #21
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Allegro    

    14. Which equine disease is almost exclusively seen in stabled horses?[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Colic[/COLOR]
    I disagree completely with this statement. There is no correlation between stabling and colic, never mind that it is "almost exclusively seen in stabled horses". I have personally dealt with dozens of cases of colic here, both as an owner and as a helper, and NONE of the horses I have dealt with have been stabled at all. Where did you pull this from, and on what evidence do you base it?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
      #22
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
    I disagree completely with this statement. There is no correlation between stabling and colic, never mind that it is "almost exclusively seen in stabled horses". I have personally dealt with dozens of cases of colic here, both as an owner and as a helper, and NONE of the horses I have dealt with have been stabled at all. Where did you pull this from, and on what evidence do you base it?
    What is wrong if they made a mistake? Everybody does
         
        12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
      #23
    Weanling
    I won ;) ! Ha ha. At least I learned some new things.
    Nokotaheaven likes this.
         
        12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
      #24
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    What is wrong if they made a mistake? Everybody does
    Read their post a few posts up - it clearly says that if anyone disagrees with an answer to say so. I am saying so.
         
        12-05-2012, 08:26 PM
      #25
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
    Read their post a few posts up - it clearly says that if anyone disagrees with an answer to say so. I am saying so.
    Okay. I was asking because you seem to do this on a lot of posts
         
        12-06-2012, 02:58 AM
      #26
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    Okay. I was asking because you seem to do this on a lot of posts
    Feel free to point out where I "do this on a lot of posts".
         
        12-06-2012, 03:45 AM
      #27
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chiilaa    
    Feel free to point out where I "do this on a lot of posts".
    Just the ones that i've seen, and my own. Mind you I'm not mad or anything, nor am I meaning to upset you, but I have noticed sometimes when people do that others will agree and sort of join in, and occasionally it will upset the OP.. I know this only because it's happened to me
         
        12-06-2012, 03:46 AM
      #28
    Started
    Not saying I'm right on everything, because I still have a lot to learn, but yeah..
         
        12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
      #29
    Trained
    I was under the impression that that was the purpose of online forums: to join group conversations and voice one's opinions. Shrug.
    Chiilaa likes this.
         
        12-06-2012, 07:22 PM
      #30
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    Just the ones that i've seen, and my own. Mind you I'm not mad or anything, nor am I meaning to upset you, but I have noticed sometimes when people do that others will agree and sort of join in, and occasionally it will upset the OP.. I know this only because it's happened to me
    Again, feel free to substantiate this with evidence. Until you have a list of links where I do, then please refrain from trying to drag my character through the mud. The mods on this forum are excellent, if I were constantly posting in threads with the intention of starting an argument, I would have been banned by now.

    In this thread, it had to be said that the OP was wrong about that. Assuming that colic is only a disease of the stabled horse is not just wrong, it's dangerous. It means that some kid who reads this, believes it, and then when their grass kept horse does colic, they won't believe that is what is happening. And I think we all know what happens when a severe colic case is not treated as soon as possible.
         

    Tags
    anatomy, breeds, competition, diseases, knowlege

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Can I register my horse without knowledge of the sire? Shyanne Horse Colors and Genetics 3 08-28-2012 06:08 PM
    New to horse ownership so need some knowledge furbabymum Horse Nutrition 11 12-30-2011 10:54 AM
    Horse ridden w/o my knowledge or permission xhalt63 Horse Law 90 02-01-2011 06:59 PM
    Horse Lit Quiz Scoutrider Horse Talk 1 06-09-2009 06:38 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0